RAH Possible Code Share in Hawaii??

I bid to fly 2 legs a day. I will fly no more then 2 a day the first 2 trips this month. .

So what is your schedule like then this month? I am curious about it to be honest. Just wondering how common place this is comming now at the regional level? Obviously I know at my company we do not have many of these. Just wondering as a whole how many are going to this type of route structure.

I once flew 9 legs in an aircraft with yaw damper, autopilot, captain's HSI, and pressure computer all MEL'd! Since the captain's HSI was out I got to be PF for all of them!

Will the advertisements go something like: "Larger airplanes for your comfort -- and we won't fall asleep on the 25 minute flight to Kona!" Heh-heh-heh.

Im at CHQ and I know its a different animal than the Republic and Shuttle stuff, so here is a pretty average trip. Except for the 27 hours in PVD.

MO 00 5800 CMH-CLE 0722 0816 0054 0055
MO 00 5835 CLE-ORD 0911 0954 0143 0024
MO 00 5830 ORD-CLE 1018 1228 0110 0025
MO 00 5846 CLE-PVD 1253 1430 0137 0524
D-END: 1445L (NR 900) REPT: 1735L
TU 00 5845 PVD-CLE 1809 2000 0151 0037
TU 00 5941 CLE-ORD 2037 2059 0122
D-END: 2114L (NR 900) REPT: 1140L
WE 00 5934 ORD-CLE 1206 1427 0121 0055
WE 00 5882 CLE-ATL 1522 1707 0145 0045
WE 00 5907 ATL-CLE 1752 1938 0146 0105
WE 00 5912 CLE-CMH 2043 2123 0040

Now granted there are times that I have done 7 leg days and there are times where I have done one leg days that are worth less than 1 hour. But on average thats what it looks like. Haven't seen many of the 6 or 7 leg days since we furloughed so take it for what its worth...

As for the Hawaiian flying. I think its great. Any possibility to put planes to work and bring guys back is good in my opinion. If someone else is paying for the gas and contractually guaranteeing us flying I don't see why any regional wouldn't take this and I don't see why it is any more or less risk than any other new code share partner. All the nay sayers would be happy to take this flying if it were offered to their regional when they had guys on the street. I am still interested to see the fine print in the contract if, and thats a big if this stuff goes through.

That is all... :)

I once flew 9 legs in an aircraft with yaw damper, autopilot, captain's HSI, and pressure computer all MEL'd! Since the captain's HSI was out I got to be PF for all of them!

I hope the weather was good that day because that just seems like quite of few of those links in the chain if you know what I mean... If you balled it up with all that crap MEL'd on the 9th leg I don't think the NTSB/FAA would have been to happy about the PIC's decision to keep going.

Re: RAH furloughs but yet opens YET another base!

Sounds a bit like Independence Air in its final days.
"Oh, we're going to have to cut back all over the place, but let's open random routes with the RJ and a route to Puerto Rico with the Scarebus."

Then again, if there's a financial advantage to opening a new base, why not use it to get back on track?

is that pic PAIFA at DVT? If so, is that a new tower?

cheers

United? perhaps?

United just announced a code share with Hawaiian for the intra island stuff. Hawaiian may need the extra lift to off set the United stuff they are going to be getting. But then again if you look at the memo it says that there won't be any non-rev benefits except for island stuff. Makes me think its not Hawaiian or any airline that flys to the mainland. If it was Hawaiian or United why wouldn't we be getting any non-rev bennies? Makes you think it may be something foreign. But it is just a guess. I have no clue... Maybe Virgin Hawaiian or Go! Express! :sarcasm:

United? perhaps?

I also think it is not United as in the memo it discusses the differences in the pilot uniforms that will be worn. UAL wears the traditional pilot uni's in HI, don't they? I think it will be with some small carrier that is already established over there...me thinks.

Dude, your Capt was a freaking tool. Two or three legs, no big deal. But 9? The auto pressurization should have been the straw that broke the camels back. I guess hindsights 20-20, but I would've refused the last four or five legs. I just hope it was a nice sunny day outside.

OK, Back On Topic :panic:

It wasn't that bad, captain said anytime I wanted to break tell her and she'd fly for the rest of the leg but it wasn't that hard. I'd rather fly than adjust the stupid manual pressure knob all the time, which she was doing.

Great.

This now means that RAH is affliated with go! and therefore SATAN himself JO/MESA. Ughhhhh..... If our planes are painted in go!/go! express colors, I seriously think I will puke.....

Great.

This now means that RAH is affliated with go! and therefore SATAN himself JO/MESA. Ughhhhh..... If our planes are painted in go!/go! express colors, I seriously think I will puke.....

I don't think that'll happen, and of course, this could also just be a nasty rumor started by a flamer! Who knows...

I don't think that'll happen, and of course, this could also just be a nasty rumor started by a flamer! Who knows...

I heard this from someone who is not a line pilot but in mgmt. He said that this is in fact the airline that we will fly for.

And that a memo would come out letting RW CA and FO bid across to S5 and not an hour later we get a memo.......

I'm kinda believing this one, and for me that's a lot. Usually I'm a "When I'm in the plane doing xyz I will believe it" kinda guy....

So um. . .you guys are going to be flying for Go! Express. . .

RAH -> Go! Express -> Go!

Very interesting. . .

E170 -> Caravan -> CRJ

What will RAH be called on the islands? Go! Uber-Express?

Back