question of sunglasses

Maui Jims are the ONLY choice for shades

If I ever die in a plane crash it will be clutching my Maui Jims close to my heart. I wear them all the time when I am outside. I don't mean, when it is bright, I mean if I am outside, they are on my head. No ifs ands or buts with that.

I use a model of the 'Sports' with the flexible plastic frames. they are the polarized neutral density greys. I don't fly anything with polarized glass so it works great for me. If I can't see traffic well I turn my head 10 degrees and I can almost always pick out the traffic. They also cut glare on the ocean as well as help define clouds. I was an Oakley fan for years but once I tried the MJ's I felt like I wasted years of my life on Oakleys.

I wear them over the top of my ear cups so they are not pinched under the seals, plus this helps with the ANR quality. I am sure I look a bit funny but I don't have any headaches and it works great. Plus I get the little curls above my ears and the chicks really dig that.

If you couldn't tell I really love mye MJ's. Speaking of that I need to send my backup pair in for new lenses...

Back