Question 18v - New guidelines from the FAA

"i would rec reading this entire thread going back to early 2011 and changes made. Dr. Forred addresses all of this (as he says so aptly - 'parental discipline' is excepted - everything else is reportable)"

Yeah. I read the whole thing. Twice. I also read the FAQ's. I'm still not getting it. Perhaps you can show me more specifically where an arrest, not an administrative action or a conviction, is reportable to the AMC-700 folks within 60 days. I get the rest.

Are you saying the FAQ's are not accurate? Or are they obsolete? I'm just a dumb pilot, man, trying to see where it says on paper that this guy violated the rules as stated on the FAQ's. I read the the first post and the rest of the thread. It seems to be dealing with changes in the airman medical app question 18v. That's the title of the thread. Can you point out where it says in this thread that an arrest only is reportable to AMC-700 within 60 days? I see clearly that a conviction or administrative action is reportable in the FAQ's.

"(as he says so aptly - 'parental discipline' is excepted - everything else is reportable)"

Is that official FAA written down policy or just one AME's opinion?

I actually called FAA Investigations a few weeks ago and told them my situation. They agreed and said It was an issue I needed to take up with the medical folks. I told my Chief Pilot the day after it occurred and my company has been very supportive. (Despite my previous frustrated comments, a Reporting Culture is a wonderful thing, provided it's run by sane people. :) So I'm burning PTO and looking for ways to expedite the process.

Keep calling the FAA med office 1 to 2 times a week and ask for the status of your case. BE NICE and PROFESSIONAL and you might get lucky...

Back