Purple Vacancy Bid

They decided a week and a half later to walk back their decision to release the equipment lock which isn’t how it works per the CBA. Good luck on the bid. Hope you get it.
I didn't know that was what happened. I know it's a cluster they created though. Good luck on your grievance.

At mine too, can’t wait to bid off this and back to the 74/77.

Sorry to hear. I'm in transition to the left seat of the whale at the moment. I did, however, enjoy my time on the 767. It may not have the sexy layovers the 747 has, but the domestic structure here is a great place to cut your teeth if you'd never been a captain before.

Wait, I leave for like 2 weeks and there's a thread about Purple's enormous vacancy bid, but NOT about it getting canceled? Come'on, you expecting me to get my rumors from somewhere reputable?

No doubt there are some that would go back, but most don’t. I just flew with a CA that left AA after being there for 12 years to start over at FDX, and he said it was the best career decision he’s ever made.
Structural inertia is a big problem in many, many domains (politics, economy, infrastructure, personal careers, etc, etc.) It's easy to get golden-handcuff trapped into a lousy situation simply by dint of already being in a lousy situation.

Sometimes you gotta say, "What the F, and make your move."

Wait, I leave for like 2 weeks and there's a thread about Purple's enormous vacancy bid, but NOT about it getting canceled? Come'on, you expecting me to get my rumors from somewhere reputable?
Yea there's really nothing to add right now. We're all waiting to hear what's going to happen but it sounds like a big opportunity coming down the line.

FedEx seems like the ultimate gig. Have a few mentors from the Navy there telling me to apply. No degree here and honestly just too lazy to finish my four year at the moment, pretty sure that will haunt me within the decade. I really did give it a shot but life just gets in the way when you’re 30 something with a family. If I’ve learned anything from JC it is to get that thing early in life. Even getting the degree, in the current environment I’m sure the reaction to my resume would result in that Ray Liotta goodfellas laugh meme

**Newbies please pay attention to that and get your degree**

Last edited:
FedEx seems like the ultimate gig. Have a few mentors from the Navy there telling me to apply. No degree here and honestly just too lazy to finish my four year at the moment, pretty sure that will haunt me within the decade. I really did give it a shot but life just gets in the way when you’re 30 something with a family. If I’ve learned anything from JC it is to get that thing early in life. Even getting the degree, in the current environment I’m sure the reaction to my resume would result in that Ray Liotta goodfellas laugh meme

**Newbies please pay attention to that and get your degree**
It's not too late. I finished mine when I was 32/33 online. It took me the better part of 10 years from start to finish; it's the most expensive piece of paper I own. It was not easy balancing work, family and school, though. Hopefully it'll pay off one of these days. On the flip side, where you're at is not a bad place to hang your hat.

It's not too late. I finished mine when I was 32/33 online. It took me the better part of 10 years from start to finish; it's the most expensive piece of paper I own. It was not easy balancing work, family and school, though. Hopefully it'll pay off one of these days. On the flip side, where you're at is not a bad place to hang your hat.

I will gladly ride out the last 32 years of my career here if able, no complaints what so ever. Truth is the name on the side of the plane still doesn’t match the paycheck, that gets my mind racing when I feel like I may have made it.

New vacancy adds 20 more captains over the last one that was rescinded and about 50 more FOs.
Bid closes at the end of the month.

How is Purple handling the quarantine thing. What if you they find out you had close contact with someone who popped a positive. At Brown, you get to sit in a hotel for 14 days. Pay protected for work days but on days off you get per diem and they pay for the hotel. No pay protection if you have to quarantine on days off. In China, even....

How is Purple handling the quarantine thing. What if you they find out you had close contact with someone who popped a positive. At Brown, you get to sit in a hotel for 14 days. Pay protected for work days but on days off you get per diem and they pay for the hotel. No pay protection if you have to quarantine on days off. In China, even....
I think we get pay protection for trip and then 3.5 hours a day thereafter if quarantine extends into days off. Then again we are already quarantined to the hotel everywhere we go in Asia... and sometimes you can’t leave your room. I can’t wait for covid to end.

Sheesh. I can't believe some of ya'lls are complaining about having to be a 767 CA that flies into DTW, MSP, or GSO.
Oh please, enlighten us with all your experience in this particular segment of aviation :rolleyes:

Never hit “show ignored content” kids, never.

And it’s y’all at a person, all y’all at a group. Your ignorance knows no bounds. Go sit in a corner and be quiet for a bit, it’ll do you and everyone else some good.

Oh please, enlighten us with all your experience in this particular segment of aviation :rolleyes:

Never hit “show ignored content” kids, never.

And it’s y’all at a person, all y’all at a group. Your ignorance knows no bounds. Go sit in a corner and be quiet for a bit, it’ll do you and everyone else some good.
Yeah, I had to push the "show ignored content" just to see his "wisdom". Was disappointed.

Back