Purple Vacancy Bid

In case anyone is wondering about privileged in the airline industry in America, just read the above 4 posts. That in a pandemic and worse downturn in the history of aviation, we get that attitude. Be thankful you have a job AND the ability to turn down a widebody upgrade. Care to guess how many pilots are downgraded and laid off worldwide? Just, wow.

Shocked (but not too much).

In case anyone is wondering about privileged in the airline industry in America, just read the above 4 posts. That in a pandemic and worse downturn in the history of aviation, we get that attitude. Be thankful you have a job AND the ability to turn down a widebody upgrade. Care to guess how many pilots are downgraded and laid off worldwide? Just, wow.

Stop talking.

You're such an idiot and don't even know what you're talking about.

I've tried to help friends that didn't burn bridges here, and other places, get on with my company in this downturn. If you use this site as intended, i.e., don't be a feminine hygiene product, then people will try to help you. I've tried my best with several here to get them hired here.

There's a reason I have you on ignore. You're not contributing to this forum in the way it was meant. You're a troll.

We're having a meaningful discussion about QOL in our respected area of aviation. We're not throwing shade at anybody. There's no bigger supporter of aviation than us freight dawgs. We love flying; well most of us, anyways. There's always an outlier.

If you think we're trying to throw shade on the pax community, in our own discussion on upgrade, and the ins and outs of it, you're wrong again, as you are 99% of the time. You have no clue what we're discussing, so please stfu.

GFY. Welcome back to ignore. Again.

You're such an idiot and don't even know what you're talking about.

I've tried to help friends that didn't burn bridges here, and other places, get on with my company in this downturn. If you use this site as intended, i.e., don't be a feminine hygiene product, then people will try to help you. I've tried my best with several here to get them hired here.

There's a reason I have you on ignore. You're not contributing to this forum in the way it was meant. You're a troll.

We're having a meaningful discussion about QOL in our respected area of aviation. We're not throwing shade at anybody. There's no bigger supporter of aviation than us freight dawgs. We love flying; well most of us, anyways. There's always an outlier.

If you think we're trying to throw shade on the pax community, in our own discussion on upgrade, and the ins and outs of it, you're wrong again, as you are 99% of the time. You have no clue what we're discussing, so please stfu.

GFY. Welcome back to ignore. Again.

None of that, and I mean literally none of that, explains to a newbie or outsider what is wrong with a 767 left seat going into MSP, DTW, or GSO. That was basically a rant disguised as an attempt at a personal attack. If you can’t have a conversation like an adult without personally attacking someone and using vulgar language, then that’s saying something on your end. :rolleyes:

None of that, and I mean literally none of that, explains to a newbie or outsider what is wrong with a 767 left seat going into MSP, DTW, or GSO. That was basically a rant disguised as an attempt at a personal attack. If you can’t have a conversation like an adult without personally attacking someone and using vulgar language, then that’s saying something on your end. :rolleyes:
Okay, dude, you win. Back to ignore permanently.

Also, go to bed. It's 1300 here, so way past your bed time. I'm going to take my 3rd nap of the day, which you can't do on the 76...but if you understood our conversation, you'd understand that.

Instead, you trolled again, trying to incite us, pulling at "heartstrings". The fact that you're talking to a bunch of 74 guys and acting like the 76 is the end-all, be-all is hilarious.

I don't look down on any segment of this industry. I wish everybody a fantastic career, and have literally offered my phone number to an open internet forum to help anybody that needs it in these times.

If you're offended that we don't necessarily want the 76 lifestyle, coming off of the 74, then well, you probably have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, again.

The day you help people on this site to get where they want to be, either by helping people attend NJC, or attending it yourself, or putting your personal info on the interwebs, then come talk to me.

Until then, stay in your lane, and this is our last interaction.

STFU!

Last edited:
So kids this is what its like to go over to a friends house for dinner only to witness your best friends dad backhand his mom at the dinner table because the meal wasn’t up to NOBU standards... are you confused yet? Me too... @Cherokee_Cruiser and @Stone Cold I mean if you guys want to fight with your purses take it into another thread... this was supposed to be about a bid at Purple and not a comparison of fish eggs and kumquats.

@Stone Cold I totally agree that you should probably keep CC on your ignore list.

@Cherokee_Cruiser ... I don’t recall ever saying anything mean, sideways, or negative to you (feel free to fact check me on that) but I’ve pretty much had it with you. You decided to comment in a thread that you literally do not know a thing about, stepped on your own crank in the process, and then attempt to belittle US freight guys for choosing lifestyle above all else? Get a hobby you pretentious condescending muppet.

^^^^

1605080588009.gif

Will you please, please just go away. You contribute absolutely nothing to anything ever.

Anyone in the know have any idea how many are getting hired without internals these days? I’m a 1000TPIC Regional guy, training department experience, 4.0 Masters degree. I almost had the LCA box checked but COVID cancelled my FAA ride.

@Cherokee_Cruiser, you turned the Armenian thread into a pollical rant about your love affair for Trump. You managed to come into a FedEx thread and spout nonsense about an airline your know nothing about, not to mention an airframe / route you know nothing about. Do us all a favor and stop. Just stop. All you're doing is adding yourself to people's ignore list.

Last edited:
@Cherokee_Cruiser, you turned the Armenian thread into a pollical rant about your love affair for Trump. You managed to come into a FedEx thread and spout nonsense about an airline your know nothing about, not to mention an airframe / route you know nothing about. Do us all a favor and stop. Just stop. All your doing is adding yourself to people's ignore list.

Seriously, why is he not on everyone’s list already? I used to be against using that function until he took some time off and came back. Made me really realize how much better life is without remembering that he exists.

The sooner you all do it, the sooner he will get tired of this place and go find somewhere else to get attention.

Anyone in the know have any idea how many are getting hired without internals these days? I’m a 1000TPIC Regional guy, training department experience, 4.0 Masters degree. I almost had the LCA box checked but COVID cancelled my FAA ride.
It happens but the pilot group raised a stink about the old process so it’s harder now. Ride a couple jump seats and start making contacts.

Seriously, why is he not on everyone’s list already? I used to be against using that function until he took some time off and came back. Made me really realize how much better life is without remembering that he exists.

The sooner you all do it, the sooner he will get tired of this place and go find somewhere else to get attention.
Who are you talking about? ;)

I was hired without an internal but went to a wia job fair and the in house job fair. I was also a regional guy for a long time before going to an ACMI to pad the resume. I have several friends from previous regionals that made the jump without the ACMI experience and without internals. More and more regional guys are getting hired but they want to see you really want them. I recommend updating your app at least once a week. My experience is almost 2 years old now though.

Bid has finally closed.
Some notable items:
Narrowbody (757) CA: SEP '18 hire
Widebody (A300) CA: May '17 hire
New hire vacancies:
MD11 MEM/ANC/LAX(LAX used to be 10+ years to hold!)
777 ANC/MEM
767 IND/OAK/MEM
A300 MEM
757 MEM/CGN

I was surprised to see so many people senior to me pull their bid for the left seat. It surprised a couple of my friends who didn’t alter their bid going into the final... reinforces the idea of “bid what you want and want what you bid.”

I was surprised to see so many people senior to me pull their bid for the left seat. It surprised a couple of my friends who didn’t alter their bid going into the final... reinforces the idea of “bid what you want and want what you bid.”
What did you end up doing?

Bid has finally closed.
Some notable items:
Narrowbody (757) CA: SEP '18 hire
Widebody (A300) CA: May '17 hire
New hire vacancies:
MD11 MEM/ANC/LAX(LAX used to be 10+ years to hold!)
777 ANC/MEM
767 IND/OAK/MEM
A300 MEM
757 MEM/CGN

You pick up a left seat?

Back