Purple Vacancy Bid

What??!! Too good for the strawberry cheesecake?

What the. That’s a thing? I just went for the chocolate figuring there weren’t any other options. Was supposed to be doing MEM-HNL all month, but the company stole me and now I’m going to Sydney and Asia. Supposedly I rejoin my pattern at the end. If that holds I’ll keep an eye out.

What the. That’s a thing? I just went for the chocolate figuring there weren’t any other options. Was supposed to be doing MEM-HNL all month, but the company stole me and now I’m going to Sydney and Asia. Supposedly I rejoin my pattern at the end. If that holds I’ll keep an eye out.
That sucks... HNL is the last bastion of freedom in the Asia/pacific area for us.

Nasty rumor was shared in the flight deck today... I truly hope this is just people BSing and that this did not actually happen.
Rumor is that all legacy pilots (furloughed or otherwise) will no longer be considered for interviews as the most recent new hire class had a number of pilots from the same carrier (whom are all potentially on the chopping block or have been furloughed) accept a class date and then withdraw days before class began leaving a number of class spots not filled... because they collectively decided that the industry is starting to recover. If this rumor is true (again I hope it isn’t) it shows a lack of class and character.

Nasty rumor was shared in the flight deck today... I truly hope this is just people BSing and that this did not actually happen.
Rumor is that all legacy pilots (furloughed or otherwise) will no longer be considered for interviews as the most recent new hire class had a number of pilots from the same carrier (whom are all potentially on the chopping block or have been furloughed) accept a class date and then withdraw days before class began leaving a number of class spots not filled... because they collectively decided that the industry is starting to recover. If this rumor is true (again I hope it isn’t) it shows a lack of class and character.

Hmm. We sure have a lot of ex-Legacy pilots, I can’t imagine that’s true. I sure hope not, if so... They need to seriously refine the Day 1 psych test for integrity.

I have no problem with people leaving, but doing it en masse like that just before class starts really screws everyone behind you.

Back