PUBNAT7 One week only.

wow how lucky am I... I was inquiring yesterday about when the next one was and BAM... here it is today.

what kinds of things are they looking for exactly to hire someone OTS? I dont have my degree yet but i will in the spring. I have been working consistently for several years with no gaps. I am a pilot working for a part 135 airline.. etc. etc.. I guess i'll just fill it all out and hope for the best.:D

I see you applied for this pubnat and the last one as well.. why is that exactly?

Most will agree that until you have your TOL (or FOL if you want to play it really safe), then you should be applying to every announcement that comes up.

even if youve already taken the test??? I understand though.

Your test scores are good for 3 years. And scoring well does not guarantee you're going to get selected. Other factors such as location availability/applicant eligibility/management discretion can cause you to get bumped out of the process at any time. If that happens, it'd be best to have another application in the pipeline to try again.

Count me in for applying as well.

My 31st b-day is rapidly approaching lol. So, hopefully something will happen between now and 2015.

zz ;)

even if youve already taken the test??? I understand though.

It's true... apply to every single announcement that comes out. I'm an example of a PUBNAT2 applicant who has a well qualified score and wasn't selected from that announcement. Where would I be if I didn't have my PUBNAT4 application already in? I'd be applying to PUBNAT7 and starting over... that would suck :crazy:

There are plenty of people out there that are like me... good test scores but it still takes 2-3 announcements before they get picked up. Keep applying ;)

It's true... apply to every single announcement that comes out. I'm an example of a PUBNAT2 applicant who has a well qualified score and wasn't selected from that announcement. Where would I be if I didn't have my PUBNAT4 application already in? I'd be applying to PUBNAT7 and starting over... that would suck :crazy:

There are plenty of people out there that are like me... good test scores but it still takes 2-3 announcements before they get picked up. Keep applying ;)

gotcha... i understand now.. thanks guys for filling me in. another disgruntled pilot here thinking of switching careers. filled out the app for PUBNAT 7 this morning and hoping for the best.

Have faith guys! The DOT just got the new funds from the bill President Bush signed, so there are more dollars for new hires and training.

Average wait from application of announcement to school time in OKC is running 9 months.

If you have a PEPC invite from pubnat2, should i be applying pubnat7?what is everyone else doing?

Yes, apply to every pubnat you see. I went to the Pubnat 1 Pepc and declined my TOL, was on pubnat 2 and didn't get chosen from the referral list for a pepc and now am waiting on 4, I didn't reply to any other pubnats and of course wish I did. Needless to say I applied to 7 earlier.

I hadn't planned on applying. I accepted my TOL. At this point, anything that knocks me out of the running would probably D/Q me from further announcements also.

Have faith guys! The DOT just got the new funds from the bill President Bush signed, so there are more dollars for new hires and training.

Average wait from application of announcement to school time in OKC is running 9 months.

Well shiat...I'm on month 8,:mad:.

Back