PUBNAT3

I turned my headset down as low as possible for that very reason! lol
I did manage to look over at the guy next to me who managed to get in the high 90's on all his efficiency scores. I dont know how he did it?? I am happy with mine though :)

I turned my headset down as low as possible for that very reason! lol
I did manage to look over at the guy next to me who managed to get in the high 90's on all his efficiency scores. I dont know how he did it?? I am happy with mine though :)

I was not happy with my efficiency score. I have no idea how it came out to be so low even after the first session. There were only like 4 planes and I directed the them where they needed to go as fast as I could get them there and still had a low score. Even went back to reread the instructions just in case I missed something and didn't learn anything new. I also found out that even though it said you could fly a landing plane over the "airport", I tried it and it crashed. I was confused.

Im now having a good feeling about the grade I might get because of this one section.

I was not happy with my efficiency score. I have no idea how it came out to be so low even after the first session. There were only like 4 planes and I directed the them where they needed to go as fast as I could get them there and still had a low score. Even went back to reread the instructions just in case I missed something and didn't learn anything new. I also found out that even though it said you could fly a landing plane over the "airport", I tried it and it crashed. I was confused.

Im now having a good feeling about the grade I might get because of this one section.

I would not worry about. I had the same issue with planes crashing while trying to fly them over the airport. Even with a very low efficiency score I still managed an overall score of 93.7.

I just took the test in Long Island yesterday (8/13). I felt really well about everything except the simulation...i crashed a few planes and had low efficiency scores on 2 of the rounds. My score was posted today already. I ended up getting a 100. So excited right now!

I just took the test in Long Island yesterday (8/13). I felt really well about everything except the simulation...i crashed a few planes and had low efficiency scores on 2 of the rounds. My score was posted today already. I ended up getting a 100. So excited right now!

I took mine on the 11th (Monday) and I still don't have my score. Where exactly is it located on ASAP. I've been checking under "Test Information". Is this correct? By the way, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :rawk:

Congrats!

12 hours from my test! Hanging in the concierge lounge at the BWI Hilton if any other test takers are here :)

And way to go Srax...awesome score!

whats up srax

I just got done out in long island today. I had one plane crash into the airport out of out that whole sections of the test, had all my planes get to where they needed to be except for one of two that i had lined up on final when the time was up ans a few separation prob and still got some what low efficiency scores. Any idea why that is?

whats up srax

I just got done out in long island today. I had one plane crash into the airport out of out that whole sections of the test, had all my planes get to where they needed to be except for one of two that i had lined up on final when the time was up ans a few separation prob and still got some what low efficiency scores. Any idea why that is?

I am pretty sure the math section is weighted the most heavily, so as long as you killed it and didn't bomb any other sections than you can look to be in the nineties.:)

I am pretty sure the math section is weighted the most heavily, so as long as you killed it and didn't bomb any other sections than you can look to be in the nineties.:)

Are there any particular conversions or useful things to memorize for the math? I haven't studied it much because it doesn't sound too hard.

Are there any particular conversions or useful things to memorize for the math? I haven't studied it much because it doesn't sound too hard.
The math is fairly simple, but if you don't watch it the time will get you. I am fairly good at doing math in my head, and i finished the last problem with under a minute left. So if you see that a problem is giving you any trouble just skip it, and it will come back up at the end. If i remember correctly, there were only about three or four problems that took an excess amount of time, so if you spend too much time on these it may cause you to miss easier ones at the end.

The math is fairly simple, but if you don't watch it the time will get you. I am fairly good at doing math in my head, and i finished the last problem with under a minute left. So if you see that a problem is giving you any trouble just skip it, and it will come back up at the end. If i remember correctly, there were only about three or four problems that took an excess amount of time, so if you spend too much time on these it may cause you to miss easier ones at the end.

I would agree with that strategy. I spent too much time on the few hard ones double and triple checking my math in my head that I ran out of time and didn't get to answer several easy ones. When you get to a difficult problem just skip it and move on to the easier ones.

whats up srax

It seems that if you are not nearly perfect your efficiency score will be low. On the ones that I had a few separation errors in my efficiency score was in the 60s or 70s. I did one perfectly and got a score of 96. Like everyone else says this section seems to not be weighted as heavily as the others.

As far as people asking questions about the math its pretty straight forward, just read the directions and take your time. Dont get too hung up on a question though because there is a time limit and you want to get through all the questions. Also remember that 20 mins is 1/3 and 15 mins is 1/4 for those quick in your head calculations. Make sure you crush the first 3 parts of the test (dials, angles, math) and you will be set. Good luck to everyone finishing up tomorrow.

During the math section, pay attention to the distinction between ground speed and air speed. The practice points it out, and it is useful to remember.

The ATC scenarios were kind of fun! I totally got a mini adrenaline rush! You could hear everyone in the room muttering and sighing and an endless chorus of "roger," "roger," "roger." I only had a couple planes not make it I their destination (ran out of time) but no crashes!

The verbal analogies were toughest- the picture ones were pretty easy to spot the pattern.

Parts were definitely harder than I expected, but some were also easier. Good luck to anyone finishing up for our group tomorrow!

1. Dials - very easy!
2. Math - Yikes. I didn't finish them all :-( Oh man...
3. Scan - Not bad, goes by quickly
4. Angles - Easy, but there were 1 or 2 where it was close.
5. Letter Factory - as expected. Some questions fine, others hard. Moving letters/boxes easy.
6. Scenerios - rocked it
7. Analogies - strange, but I did OK I think

I didn't finish 2 on the math, and had to click too quickly through maybe 3 or 4 of them so I'm not sure they're right. It started off very easy for the first half or so, then the uneven division started to get me.

Did anyone feel like they did badly on the math but end up OK in the past? I'm worried about the math. That seems like the most important part of this test.

Back