PUBNAT3

The Baltimore Aquarium will be fun and worth it. I brought my daughter there and spent the whole day. I loved the dolphin show.

The Baltimore Aquarium will be fun and worth it. I brought my daughter there and spent the whole day. I loved the dolphin show.

Awesome, I'm excited! I'm a big animal nut.

We went for a field trip back in high school, but the bus I was on broke down. So by the time we got there, we had to run through the whole place to catch up with everyone who had been there for hours. I didn't see anything :-( But I did catch Everest on IMAX, that was gnarly.

This is a copy of a post I have on the "everything you need to know about the AT-SAT test" thread but this where I'm at.

05/30 - Applied PUBNAT3
07/17 - ASAP notice that I'm authorized to take the AT-SAT
07/28 - Received e-mail to schedule test
08/12 - Took the AT-SAT in Lisle, IL (300 miles from my Kentucky home)
Today - Waiting on my test score which they told me would be available on ASAP in 5-7 business days but not for sure exactly where it will be at on there. I'm sure somebody has already stated where it appears on ASAP. I have no clue as to how I did. It could be a high or low score. I used this site and the green book to prepare and practice but I feel like I did okay. Now just hurry up and wait.

20 hours until test in San Bruno CA! Will anyone else be there? Our group should be finished by Friday, no?

I thought I saw somewhere that someone actually named 8/18 as their date, but maybe I'm remembering wrong. Otherwise, 8/15 is the latest so far.

This testing phase went by so quick. No hurry up and wait this time!

Hey guys!

I took the test today :) Now I just pray to the ATC gods that I get a well qualified score. :D

Really though, it wasn't all that bad. Like everyone else mentioned- the dials, angles, math, and scan were pretty basic. I was not surprised by anything on the test and felt pretty comfortable with it. I was the first one finished and out of there at 1:30 pm. I took my breaks and about a 40 min lunch. The letter factory portion was simple on the actual exercises but it was like I completely forgot everything when the questions popped up. The AT scenarios were a little frustrating... I practiced jeremy's game and did fine, but for some reason I had some separation errors with planes that got to close. The last one, I had two planes crash because I did not realize the pilot did not follow the directions and than BAM they crashed :)

So now the waiting continues...I will keep you posted!

Has anybody had any problems touring a facility? I toured Seattle Center a couple of months ago, they let me in without any hesitation. I'm trying to line up a tour of Spokane Intl. (my dream facility) but I am having plenty of issues with them letting me come out there and tour. Has anybody else had that problem or know what I can do to overcome this issue?

PS. Still waiting on test results

Has anybody had any problems touring a facility? I toured Seattle Center a couple of months ago, they let me in without any hesitation. I'm trying to line up a tour of Spokane Intl. (my dream facility) but I am having plenty of issues with them letting me come out there and tour. Has anybody else had that problem or know what I can do to overcome this issue?

PS. Still waiting on test results

I had no problem touring GEG/Spokane Tower, who did you talk to? I talked too and received a tour from the Facility Manager, he was very nice and accomodating. PM me if you have any questions?

Honu, thanks for starting this thread back up. Geez, I get busy with work and miss a week here and everything goes to pot. Guess I can't leave y'all alone, eh?

Anyway, it's 11:07 PM in Houston, where I'm waiting to take the AT-SAT tomorrow. Crazy how everybody's taking them at once this time around; I was under the impression that PUBNAT2 had to wait for Robinson to travel around the country to each location. Anybody else going to be in Houston? I'll buy you a cup of coffee during a break if you are; there's a Starbucks right next door. Cup of snooty coffee.

The speed of the AT-SATs this time around has me wondering, though. Think that they're trying to push the well qualifieds from our group in with PUBNAT2 come training time? As nice as it'd be to start down that road sooner, that throws a wrench into my employment plans between now and when I expected OKC to come around in late spring / early summer... not to mention potentially being away from my wife, who'll still be finishing up the school year.

Anyway, to the rest of the PUB3's who are up late tonight because they can't get any sleep before their tests... good luck. Don't slam the planes together too hard in the ATST's.

Don't slam the planes together too hard in the ATST's.

I actually read a .pdf file about the AT-SAT on the FAA website last night that said that crashing planes is counted the same way as a separation error.

Enjoy your yuppie coffee :) I think I'm gonna try to find a place to get a sandwich the night before and I'll stash that in my hotel room so I can get a stress-free lunch and listen to some chill-out music.

Can't. Sleep. Too. Wound. Up. For. Test. Good thing I'm only staying about 10 minutes away... gotta maximize what little sleep I'll end up getting.

I actually read a .pdf file about the AT-SAT on the FAA website last night that said that crashing planes is counted the same way as a separation error.

Hmm. Well, anyone in Houston will know when I've crashed them, as I'll probably announce it pretty clearly. *cough*

No, our testing overlapped too... we just had about 2 weeks more, so we must've had that many more applicants :rolleyes:

Hmm. See, now I'm wondering if the PUBNAT3 turnout was much lower due to its proximity to early May's announcement (and if 4 and 5 followed suit at all).

Hmm. Well, anyone in Houston will know when I've crashed them, as I'll probably announce it pretty clearly. *cough*

If your headset is as loud as the kid's next to me at my test, it'll announce it for you. He must've crashed a plane every 5 seconds :banghead::banghead::banghead:

If your headset is as loud as the kid's next to me at my test, it'll announce it for you. He must've crashed a plane every 5 seconds :banghead::banghead::banghead:

RGR that... everyone seemed to have red on their screen... and a clueless facial expression

Most of you JCers should be fine. At least you have an idea of what's on this test. Many of those taking the test have NO CLUE what they're about to do.

Back