PUBNAT3 Geo-Prefs

My husband just got the geo preference email and he already has an FOL and academy date of December 29th. Hmm...gonna have to call and get off the list I guess.

I applied to Pub 3. Just a suggestion to people who had limited geo preferances last time; You may want to think about expanding it. I sort of got the impression that helped. Just a thought though.

I got the e-mail too but I am already scheduled to go the PEPC for Pubnat 2. Should I go ahead and fill this one out as well?

I figured as much, but I didn't want to risk getting a change of facility if they decided they needed someone elsewhere and said oh, well he is still looking...let's move him, or something to that effect. This is just because I LOVE my expected location!!

I figured as much, but I didn't want to risk getting a change of facility if they decided they needed someone elsewhere and said oh, well he is still looking...let's move him, or something to that effect. This is just because I LOVE my expected location!!

If you're fine with where you are now, I wouldn't fool with it.

You have your name in the hat for 5 and 6 if for some reason something goes sour with your PUBNAT2 application. I'd just fall back on those and not screw up someone elses' chances of getting selected for the facility they want.

Just my .02

Well if you LOVE it... :p

Maybe Barty's right... since you're in for 5 and 6, you can let this one go and not mess anything up for you and ZLA.

Oh man I hope PUBNAT3 doesn't turn into PUBNAT2 with a zillion threads all about the same announcement.

Can we keep topics about PUBNAT3 in the PUBNAT3 thread? It's easier for the people who get email notifications to threads they subscribe to. Then you know all the PUBNAT3 info is coming straight to you, instead of having to check for new threads all the time.

Just a thought. Can we merge this with the other thread? The topic's already being discussed there.

Oh...by the way, if you want to be almost 100% assured of getting picked up, select enroute for Tennessee. They're not exactly hurting from what I gather, but they're not getting many people choosing ZME. Its a level 12, so it will pay well, short to no wait for OJT and no state income tax.

My advice for you pub3 people.

Work the emails and phones. Call around and see if certain facilities in certain states are looking to add new trainees. Drop your name.Think about going to a state where you think few applicants will be looking to go. Don't be afraid to get in a level 5,6,7...to get your foot in the door. Ask yourself, What is the ultimate goal..to get on with the FAA or stay close to home.

They will not change your location once you are selected because it is convenient for you.

Finally, look at the pub 2 selections...and look at the pub 2...why I didn't get selected thread. You can score a 96 and not get on.....

Be careful...

I got the e-mail too but I am already scheduled to go the PEPC for Pubnat 2. Should I go ahead and fill this one out as well?

Filling out the geo pref would be a waste of your time and theirs. You have already been invited to a PEPC. If you don't get the job now, it will be because you don't qualify and won't ever get the job...not because of the location you picked. Don't fill it out. Ignore it or let them know you are no longer interested so they can plan for it.

I will re-iterate what I heard a billion times: Once you are invited to the interview, you have the job as long as your background and medical check out.:rawk:

Filling out the geo pref would be a waste of your time and theirs. You have already been invited to a PEPC. If you don't get the job now, it will be because you don't qualify and won't ever get the job...not because of the location you picked. Don't fill it out. Ignore it or let them know you are no longer interested so they can plan for it.

I will re-iterate what I heard a billion times: Once you are invited to the interview, you have the job as long as your background and medical check out.:rawk:

I agree... how many pub2 people were screwed by pub 1 people doing the same.

Oh man I hope PUBNAT3 doesn't turn into PUBNAT2 with a zillion threads all about the same announcement.

Can we keep topics about PUBNAT3 in the PUBNAT3 thread? It's easier for the people who get email notifications to threads they subscribe to. Then you know all the PUBNAT3 info is coming straight to you, instead of having to check for new threads all the time.

Just a thought. Can we merge this with the other thread? The topic's already being discussed there.

I agree. Mod, can we lock this one down? I'm excited about getting my geo prefs in too, but there's no need to split it out into a new thread when we already have one going.

I GOT TWO geo Pref letters!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you did not receive your geo pref letter and your intials are NM... PM me I have yours.

There were a lot of PunNat 1 people with a TOL from pubnat 1...that were selected for a Pubnat 2 position. It happened.

We will never know the actual number.

Back