PUBNAT2- What states did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moulds80

It sounds like we might be waiting a couple more weeks before the PEPC invites go out, so in the meantime what states did you pick for your geographic preferences? I selected New York and Ohio, I am from the Northeast so that works out well and a pretty good amount of Level 8+ facilities in those states I am hoping there will be some openings.

California & Nevada Terminal. For California, they asked you to specify which county. For those that might be lurking here from Southern California area, I selected Orange, LA, San Bernardino, Riverside, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Monterey, Kern and San Diego Counties.

For Nevada, I picked Clark County (Las Vegas area).

GA and TN, I already found out through my contact that i wasn't on the terminal list, so I am hoping for ZTL or ZME:)

Georgia and Texas (both). I tried terminal only last time and didn't get picked up for a PEPC...

GA and TN, I already found out through my contact that i wasn't on the terminal list, so I am hoping for ZTL or ZME:)

So u make a 100 and don't make the list. That is beyond crazy. Did u only choose cities with high level airports or do u think the facilities u requested don't need people? Crazy

I think it may be fairly common to score ultra high on the ATSAT and not get invited to a PEPC. Thats why I am really nervous despite scoring a 97.5 and picking states with lots of airports. I have lots of great college and work experience but no aviation experience, even though the PUBNAT postings are open to the public I think that will hold lots of us back. :whatever:

So u make a 100 and don't make the list. That is beyond crazy. Did u only choose cities with high level airports or do u think the facilities u requested don't need people? Crazy
I picked anywhere in GA and TN, and also wrote in the comments section that i was also willing to go anywhere in AL,FL,KY,SC,and NC.

wow, so far 6 our of 14 people (43%) have listed GA in their prefs. That is gonna be a hard state to get a job in....

i chose NY, and FL (another state that MANY people have chosen)....Terminal and En Route

It may be more common then you think. It is possible to get as high as 105 if you are ex military they get a 5 point bonus (hr does not like to advertise that). Then they have to go through the CTI students. On top of that they didn't hire as many people from pubnat 2 as they did from before. Budgetary constraints. The FAA is starting to rev down the hiring a little bit due to the slow down in the economy. Less controllers wanting to retire and the airlines cutting flights etc etc.

On the up side, PUBNAT 3 will be the first in a new fiscal year, so they will be hiring more people then in pubnat 2.

Oh, I forgot the original point of the post. I picked MO, STL area specifically. I have been told that is EXTREMLEY difficult to get. STL (lambert at least) is over staffed. They are still operating as if TWA was still there.

My first choice was VA, specifically DCA.

I got a 91 on the exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back