PSA Recall....Round Two

Any word on Round Three? I saw on the ALPA pilot forums management said in class there would be no more recalls anytime soon. I also heard there would be no recalls this year from someone who was in recurrent that had TK come in and talk. Then TK announced his retirement, and the recalls were announced.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Have a few things planned in late May, just trying to find out if I will have to cancel my plans.

Any word on Round Three? I saw on the ALPA pilot forums management said in class there would be no more recalls anytime soon. I also heard there would be no recalls this year from someone who was in recurrent that had TK come in and talk. Then TK announced his retirement, and the recalls were announced.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Have a few things planned in late May, just trying to find out if I will have to cancel my plans.

I know I said on that alpa site the same thing as you already posted. To my knowledge the classes are just the ones that were announced. Due to them really not wanting to recall just to furlough in the fall. They had said they know even with 18 back, they are going to go into summer under staffed and they were ok with that. But it could change tomorrow who knows? :(

I know I said on that alpa site the same thing as you already posted. To my knowledge the classes are just the ones that were announced. Due to them really not wanting to recall just to furlough in the fall. They had said they know even with 18 back, they are going to go into summer under staffed and they were ok with that. But it could change tomorrow who knows?

Yeah, I just didn't wanna name drop :)

Ah well, life ain't that bad for me right now anyhow !! I feel terrible for all the other guys who have been out nearly a year.

It would be nice to get that recall. But I am not holding my breath on it. Still working as a glorified gas pumper at the FBO.

Yeah, I just didn't wanna name drop :)

Ah well, life ain't that bad for me right now anyhow !! I feel terrible for all the other guys who have been out nearly a year.

I could be WRONG! Just announced 6 more Upgrades. Typically upgrades are followed by the same number, if not more recalls. We shall see.

I could be WRONG! Just announced 6 more Upgrades. Typically upgrades are followed by the same number, if not more recalls. We shall see.

Nice!!! Hopefully PSA is trying to become an industry leader and be the first to get all their furloughed pilots back and start hiring again...Yea I know wishfull thinking but if I have to say "More right rudder" and "Stay on the glideslope" for another 2000 then:banghead:

Just out of curiosity Meyers, when they recall do we bid like usual for a base?

Yup.... If you are being recalled you are back to Trainee status. The bid opens up to all pilots. And thus a lot of TYS/DAY people have moved back to CLT (were only 4 openings to start). Causing all of our class to not get bases they wanted. It shall be fun! :D

Nice!!! Hopefully PSA is trying to become an industry leader and be the first to get all their furloughed pilots back and start hiring again...Yea I know wishfull thinking but if I have to say "More right rudder" and "Stay on the glideslope" for another 2000 then:banghead:

There is only 49 airplanes in the fleet. None are parked right now, excluding those in heavy mnx chedk. Barring a huge exodous of pilots there is only so much that can be done. I wish this wasnt so, but I think recalls will be slow.

There is only 49 airplanes in the fleet. None are parked right now, excluding those in heavy mnx chedk. Barring a huge exodous of pilots there is only so much that can be done. I wish this wasnt so, but I think recalls will be slow.

Especially with the sysem wide bid that came out. I believe it stated we need 473 pilots across the three bases. Doing the math, I'm barely number 461 I think.... Needless to say I dont think we will chew up a whole list by the end of the year. Could change, and I wish it could, but I just dont see it :(

Back