PSA 33 Downgrade, 49 FO Furloughs

Oh shoot, I forgot about those who did not pass differences training... hmm wonder if there really are that many. If so that could very well take out our December 3rd class. I might just encourage you to let those guys who are left in TYS who are picking up OPEN time that another cut will take them out. They might want to think about what they did the past couple months and how that might have had an impact in this. Now I realize it would have only saved maybe 1-2 people but still. Need to make them realize they need to stand strong down there in TYS and listen to the union and what they are told.

That's my only complaint in all of this. Out TYS crews seem to be this anti union I'll do what I want type of mentality and its not going to do anything but hurt them and us all in the end. Anyways I've got the phone calls in to people and we will see what happens as far as jobs go. So far it doesnt sound like the old FBO needs anyone (not even part time) and the Youth center I was in charge of is running short on cash (non profits always do this time of year) so we will see if they have the money to take me back. Honestly after looking over things I am very fortunate. I added up my bills and I can live off of $1000. So its not going to take the best of job to make ends meet. Things will be tight but at least I'm a little better off then some. Very thankful for that at least.
Paul,
Seems like DAY and CLT guys are always better informed. If you get wind of the seniority number it is cutting, i would appreciate a PM. My family is here from Spain and it would be helpful in planning.
concerning TYS guys, open time and "anti union" sentiment, I not sure your right on that. I dont know anyone, that takes the attitude "I dont care about anyone else." If you want to educate me, then PM me or give me a call. BTW, if you have any tendency for schadenfreude or wishing a comeuppance, TYS is the worst place I can imagine to get a flying job of anytype outside of the ANG and PSA. These guys dont have an option of going to the local flight school and cfiing.
As far as where the list cuts, i almost wish I knew it was cutting me or not. Pretty sure it will mean a dislocation to DAY.
Good luck to you Paul. I know how serious you took this job, and whether i agree with you all the time or not, you have been a leader.

BTW,
Looking at the seniority list and seeing all my buddies out of a job makes me want to cry. seriously. This really blows.

BTW,
Looking at the seniority list and seeing all my buddies out of a job makes me want to cry. seriously. This really blows.

Grown men dont cry! haha TYS can go Substitute! I just talked to our local schools.... not terrible. Although those with out degrees might not have any luck. Looks like you have to be a college educated person to be a sub these days.... So a few of our class might not be able to do that. But its not a bad option since they dont demand a contract or knowing how long you will be able to sub for.

Paul, sorry to hear you've joined the F club. We're holding a meeting next week and afterwards we're having keg stands. Get your application in quick and we'll find you a spot. ;)

Paul, sorry to hear you've joined the F club. We're holding a meeting next week and afterwards we're having keg stands. Get your application in quick and we'll find you a spot. ;)

damn it! I have a trip next week! Perhaps sickation is in order? hahah

damn it! I have a trip next week! Perhaps sickation is in order? hahah

Yeah, speaking of that. I went from reserve this month to lineholder next month. Well I needed a few days off for a friends wedding, now I have a 3 day trip on that weekend. So I try to drop the trip - denied because of no reserve coverage. I tried to drop my last reserve day this month - denied because of no reserve coverage. We have no reserve coverage, yet 176 of us are furloughed Sept. 1.

Company calls me today for overtime, here's my reply "Denied for lack of reserve coverage." She said "What?". I said "Denied, you're furloughing 176 pilots in 30 days, I'm not working overtime." Ridiculous...we're 176 pilots overstaffed but we're so short staffed on the 170 I can't even drop a trip or reserve day the month before they furlough me? You bet I'm using sickation days next month....

Wow. . .amazing.

I'm shocked everyday I remain in this industry.

The absolute lack of common sense is just simply amazing.

Only in Merica.

Pretty common story at the MCO 737 base back in 2001.

Guys would get inverse assigned just before they hit the street the next day.

Wow. . .amazing.

I'm shocked everyday I remain in this industry.

The absolute lack of common sense is just simply amazing.

Only in Merica.

Lack of common sense? By who, me?

Wanna fight?

Stick yer head up my butt and fight fur air......:D

Nah dude. . .you're a coastie. . .you have too much common sense.

I'm speaking of the idiots who are in your crew scheduling division.

Nah dude. . .you're a coastie. . .you have too much common sense.

I'm speaking of the idiots who are in your crew scheduling division.

Oh oh oh....got ya. I didn't wanna fight anyway.

They are idiots. I've come to the conclusion in such a short time frame that they're ALL idiots. We have 75 FO's in PHL, July we have something like 68 lines. Next month we have 75 lines for FO's and not a single person on Reserve. Of course we don't complain about getting a line, but we all bid with the expectation flying was getting reduced and we'd all be reserve.

I'm gonna start my own business. I've learned so many things about how NOT to run a business from my time in the airlines that I think I'd be pretty successful at my own business.

Performance Boat Works. Marine service and repair performed on location. I can smell the green bills.....

Sorry to hear it Paul - serious bummer. Sounds like you can take advantage of the time off for some more important things though. What is your background in? PM me if you need - I might have a few connections in the Indy area perhaps.

Sorry to hear it Paul - serious bummer. Sounds like you can take advantage of the time off for some more important things though. What is your background in? PM me if you need - I might have a few connections in the Indy area perhaps.

pm sent man!

Well needless to say the title is enough.... I'm one of those... time to look for a new job! Many in a worst position then I am so I will look at this as a time to build a stronger relationship with my girlfriend and spend time with my father who is recovering from open heart.

If anyone knows of opportunities around Indy let me know!

Sorry to hear, use that back up degree to find employment in. When was your class date or date of hire?

Oh man, bad karma. :(

Im sorry that was an insensitive post on my part so I edited it. But it was a long story though, the dude was harassing me and picked on me. but nonethelss bad post.., can you please edit yours so theres no reccord of my unedited post in your quote! :)

-Best as always,

Chris

See, here's my problem with the internet... People get behind a keyboard and say the darnedest things. And then they realize maybe it wasn't the brightest thing to say and they frantically search for the ctrl-z (or what ever it is in mac world) key.

You say ####, be a man and deal with it. Maybe google even already made an index of the page anyways.

/rant

And yes, it so happens that out of ALL the FOs I've flown with now, there was ONE who was from a class NEAR Paul's (not his class though) that was a bit of an idiot. But even with him being an idiot I STILL wouldn't wish a furlough on him. And that's coming from somebody who may actually have to fly with him, not somebody who just got in a pissing match with him.

EDIT TO ADD: Ok, maybe that came across as a little harsh... But, I've been dealing with a guy on the in house web board that routinely posts crap that is inflammatory, libelous and often times downright personally insulting, and then when the heat gets too hot he goes back and deletes everything he said and pretends it never happened. Then a few weeks later he starts up again. And god forbid somebody say ANYTHING bad about him. You do that and he starts calling for Article VIII proceedings.

It's become something of a pet peeve of mine.

Back