Preliminary interviews with Cape Air

Bob Wilson

I recently saw a position posted on this website for Cape Air. Today I received a call from them for a preliminary interview, so we will see what happens.

All the interview is just if you interested in working with them, relocating to MA, and if your okay with a 135 operator?

You won't be "dispatching" nor will you have any type of operational control. All the pilots do their own flight plans via fltplan.com. So all you'll do is watch an ASD type screen and record O/O/O/I times.

Doesn't sound fun to me but what ever floats your boat I guess....

Let me just clarify.... I'm not trying to be negative. Cape Air is a great company. I just hate the fact that "dispatcher" is thrown around so loosely in the 135 world and a lot of guys fresh out of dispatch training might not realize what a 135 "dispatcher" actually is.

You spent all that time and effort to be a dispatcher, not a customer service representative.

Let me just clarify.... I'm not trying to be negative. Cape Air is a great company. I just hate the fact that "dispatcher" is thrown around so loosely in the 135 world and a lot of guys fresh out of dispatch training might not realize what a 135 "dispatcher" actually is.

You spent all that time and effort to be a dispatcher, not a customer service representative.
A lot of places call them Flight Coordinators now, since as you said.. they're not really dispatchers. An ADX is certainly not required. Ours follow the flights on the computer, input times when they get the flight logs, coordinate hotels, customer needs, customs things, etc.

Well thanks for your suggestions, but it cant be as boring as my current job is? Work at night and wait for phone calls that never happens. I just need to get my foot in the door!

Most major airlines will not count 135 "dispatching" as experience that you can apply towards meeting their requirements. While I agree with getting your foot in the door, Cape Air is not necessarily the best place to achieve that. I will say that their Pacific operation is 121, and you will have operational control.

Back