PPL failures nearly 50%

Imma need a SouthernJets pilot to help me with this. Kinda like Frank Lucas had guys working the incoming flights from Vietnam where they were smuggling heroin in the caskets coming back. Okay...here's the plan.

All these guys building ridiculously expensive garage sim setups to play airline captain. Money is obviously not an object. My new wrinkle - sell them RealDolls - and for an upgrade they can be in the Delta red dress - basically get a Christina Hendricks Real Doll, put her in the Delta red dress and BOOM! They can harass/sex/mile-high club in their garage sim. Just like a real airline captain!

I will sell these dolls for YUGE money. I will be a billionaire. I'm like Steve Jobs - sometimes you gotta invent the product that people don't even know they need yet.

Throw in an add on where some “professional entertainment” shows up to the garage after their simulated flight to São Paulo and I think you have a real winner.

So moar ILSes to the same places day after day, month after month, year after year?

I get it, man, it’s just not your bag. Nothing wrong with that. It’s a great living even if you don’t love it.

You know anyone who quit the airline game? Maybe they had a family business which was more remunerative? Maybe they even enjoyed it?

I never would have left if not for a bad merger. Making six figures, home every day, flying three nights a week at most, was a damned great part time job. But yeah, it turned out better for me to leave. But I do miss the plane.

All these guys building ridiculously expensive garage sim setups to pbasically get a Christina Hendricks Real Doll,

Blah blah blah, I need to know more about this! Can you throw in a mid-90’s Elizabeth Hurley too?

Blah blah blah, I need to know more about this! Can you throw in a mid-90’s Elizabeth Hurley too?

She the dephil, tho, bro!
Elizabeth-Hurley-as-the-Devil-in-Bedazzled.jpg

Maybe today, Satan. Yes, actually, this seems like the day. One day's as good as another!

I have a 35 year old student in my school that watches anime in the redbird simulator when he's supposed to be "practicing" a VFR solo cross country prior to the real thing. I routinely walk into the room to check on them and make sure things are going well. When I was a kid and got caught doing something I wasn't supposed to be doing, I felt shame and embarrassment. They don't feel shame and embarrassment. They get angry that they were caught. We literally had one student ask us what's to stop him from just making up hours in his logbook to qualify for the commercial rating. We all looked at each other in disbelief. It's one thing to secretly think this internally, its another to come out and say it with a bold face without fear of ramifications. A week later an instructor called me with concerns about his "anger" in the plane during lessons. "He demands we solo him immediately, he yells at instructors when we try and correct him on a maneuver". Upon contacting other instructors he's flown with, I get the same remarks about him. When I place a call to him to have a friendly chat, he proceeds to tell me, "my parents taught me that I need to demand everything I want because no one is going to give it to me". I proceed to nicely explain to him that this isn't McDonalds and he's not ordering a big mac. He then hangs up the phone on my face. An hour later, after he has been administratively removed from the school, he calls in from a different phone number. The first words out of his mouth are in a absolute yelling raging fit. He's an extreme case, but just letting you guys know, theres a lot of these kids coming up the ranks and they'll be flying right seat for you in very short order.
Did you report him to the Feds and other schools? I would. Some kind of warning anyway. This person is trouble.

Last edited:
Imma need a SouthernJets pilot to help me with this. Kinda like Frank Lucas had guys working the incoming flights from Vietnam where they were smuggling heroin in the caskets coming back. Okay...here's the plan.

All these guys building ridiculously expensive garage sim setups to play airline captain. Money is obviously not an object. My new wrinkle - sell them RealDolls - and for an upgrade they can be in the Delta red dress - basically get a Christina Hendricks Real Doll, put her in the Delta red dress and BOOM! They can harass/sex/mile-high club in their garage sim. Just like a real airline captain!

I will sell these dolls for YUGE money. I will be a billionaire. I'm like Steve Jobs - sometimes you gotta invent the product that people don't even know they need yet.

Was watching re-runs of FireFly last night on Comet and both episodes with her came on. My wife was amused. It’s like I was 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My grandpa told me that "airline good times are dead now" (He retired in December of 1984, just before Carl Icahn bought TWA). Said to do what I want to do, but EVERYTHING becomes a job at some point. And the most fun he had was flying his Wacos and Howard and other stuff. Not the jets.

Last night I had beers and awesome street food in Taipei with a cool FO. Headed to Singapore later for a 40 hour layover, meeting a longtime friend for drinks and hanging out at hawker stands. My last trip I had an epic 60 hour layover in Osaka, hanging out with one of my best friends and his crazy Hong Kong buds that were visiting.

The good times are now, you just have to go find it. Headed out the door now to do some cool hiking in Taipei before my Singapore flight.

1E11B3CB-6737-40CC-A561-D0E038BA24BC.jpeg
2133BA2C-0572-4421-955E-4A45A2929B8F.jpeg

Boris be like “She’s incredibly attractive, but does she read Descartes?” :)

See above re: a certain degree of, eh. Shall we call it "magnanimity"? That is, as a requirement when it comes to interactions with scorching-hot she-devils. I am a man of letters, sir, as I think you are. But also, well, a man, plainly speaking.

More to the point (and more's the pity), any woman who turns our heads is liable to have read some stuff, too. A blessing and a curse.

See above re: a certain degree of, eh. Shall we call it "magnanimity"? That is, as a requirement when it comes to interactions with scorching-hot she-devils. I am a man of letters, sir, as I think you are. But also, well, a man, plainly speaking.

More to the point (and more's the pity), any woman who turns our heads is liable to have read some stuff, too. A blessing and a curse.
I feel like I need to be high on incense to understand wtf you are saying.

Last night I had beers and awesome street food in Taipei with a cool FO. Headed to Singapore later for a 40 hour layover, meeting a longtime friend for drinks and hanging out at hawker stands. My last trip I had an epic 60 hour layover in Osaka, hanging out with one of my best friends and his crazy Hong Kong buds that were visiting.

The good times are now, you just have to go find it. Headed out the door now to do some cool hiking in Taipei before my Singapore flight.

View attachment 68044View attachment 68045
We all can't do Indianapolis, but glad to see you're managing to get by.

I feel like I need to be high on incense to understand wtf you are saying.
My dude, I am just getting started. The War-like Achaeans (Argives) sailed the wine-dark seas by virtue of the beauty of Helen, did they not?

Homer said:
And catching sight of Helen moving along the ramparts,
they murmured one to another, gentle, winged words:
"Who on earth could blame them? Ah, no wonder
the men of Troy and Argives under arms have suffered
years of agony all for her, for such a woman.
Beauty, terrible beauty!
deathless goddess – so she strikes our eyes!"

But don't take it from me.

My dude, I am just getting started. The War-like Achaeans (Argives) sailed the wine-dark seas by virtue of the beauty of Helen, did they not?

Two points...

1. We don't call him "Brave" Odysseus for nothing... He was, after all his trials and travails - Scylla, Charybdis, War, Drugs, etc. - on his epic journey in the first place to confront "terrible beauty".

Boris be like “She’s incredibly attractive, but does has she read and deeply considered Descartes?” :)
Which is almost always PRECISELY the correct question to be asking... male or female or interviewing.

3. Nose Art Anyone??
Nose Art Devil's Darlin'.jpg

Ok, 3 points... Every slide needs 3 points: No more, no fewer.

Last edited:
1. We don't call him "Brave" Odysseus for nothing...

With the obvious proviso that the nostos is inevitably a bit of a let-down, Penelope was still hanging around, tending her knitting and setting the Suitors at murdering each other. You could do a lot worse.

You get your undergrad in philosophy? English lit?

With the obvious proviso that the nostos is inevitably a bit of a let-down, Penelope was still hanging around, tending her knitting and setting the Suitors at murdering each other. You could do a lot worse.
Meh, that's been life for millennia. We just try to mask it with swag and bling and more Lotus flowers. Have we learned NOTHING?!? ;)

You get your undergrad in philosophy? English lit?
Not wanting to speak for another, but I suspect he just reads... the correct books. Which do not include the wingnut pamphlets mailed out 'twixt the 1930s and the 20-oughts when Facebook et. al. took over delivery of the poison through direct, personalized, intracranial injections.

Other than meditation and wisdom, the cool thing about reading is it's available for FREE (real free) at a library near you!

Back