Post deleted by Doug Taylor

Re: The Main Reason I chose Ari-Ben!

Damn C, your nuts!
wink.gif

CMARTIN, I get the feeling you trawl jetcareers to find references to people saying something positive about ATP and then put the program down. Why do you spend so much energy on this? We all know you're happy you'll be going to Ari-Ben and that's great. When you start there I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Hey CMARTIN,

Good luck to you down at ARI-BEN, and please keep us in the loop on your progress. If you are ever in the Atlanta area and want to share some multi-time in a Seminole let me know.

Hope you and yours are well!

Hey C, congrats on starting flight school soon. I have two months to go and I'm jumping out of my skin.

Just to interject here, there is more than just the money difference between Ari-Ben and ATP. If the aviator and ATP were even somewhat similar in quality and the difference in price was 9 thousand bucks, then sure, everyone would be going to Ari-ben. But in my mind they're not close in to what they offer. Ari-Ben offers flight training on the cheap because of the older planes and not so up to date maintenance. They have one location and that's it. Room and board is not included, hotels and rental cars aren't either. Now, that may not make up the entire 9 thousand dollar difference, but take $500/month for 9 months for rent and that's $4500 right there.(just an estimate of course) So now the difference is only $4500, you add in hotel stays on actual cross country flying with CRM procedures performed the entire way plus rental cars and the price between them becomes even closer. Add on the fuel and tie down expenses that Ari-ben doesn't cover in addition to fly to other airports out of the region and it becomes even closer. Plus, what if you need more time to pass a checkride, more cash there. Now, we all know that at ATP, this is all included and it's a fixed price. No more, no less. At Ari-ben, maybe less, most likely more.
The choice for me was simple, better maintenance, actual cross countries, awesome connections and references, and a fixed price with everything but the checkrides included. That's why someone might choose ATP over Ari-ben.
I'm in no way trashing Ari-ben, in fact I think it's a great opportunity with the multi time they offer, I'm just giving some insight as to why I chose ATP over Ari-ben. It's not just the difference in $$ for training.

You're totally right C! What in the world was I thinking? Boy, is that a good point! You forgot the Citation time too! That brings it back down from the $10,150! Woopdy - doo - doo!! Oh-yeah, ATP gives you shirts. That brings it down another $70 for six polo shirts. Don't forget the backpack - Another $20. Isn't Ari-ben around $25K? That's the figure that I got, I think, I forget what is the price for Ari-ben's program? I don't think it's $23K. Don't forget about the free candy bars every tuesday and pizza fridays.
WAAAA!
frown.gif

Seriously, good luck to ya. I'm envious of you flying before me. I wish I was at ATP now. Throw a football across the field at Pan Am when you get to the aviator. PLOP.

[ QUOTE ]
You're totally right C! What in the world was I thinking? Boy, is that a good point! You forgot the Citation time too! That brings it back down from the $10,150! Woopdy - doo - doo!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think cmartin is still got a point...
lets add the VA bennies and the fact that you get what? 3 hours in a citation. hell for saving 10,000$ he can still go get a TYPE RATING at ATP for the citation. or is that what the 3 hour joyride is?

I'm waiting for you to start C, got my eye on that school if i can get the money together. can't wait to here how the school actually is.

I think ATP has an awesome program but I can use GI Bill at Ari Ben and that is the main difference for me. If I could use VA with ATP, I would probably go with them becuase I haven't ever heard something negative about ATP.

If you read back through the posts, there are a FEW negative remarks about ATP. They usually have to do with customer service and the way prospective students perceive to have been treated. I haven't experienced it yet, but I've heard things.
wink.gif

I haven't heard of people being ripped off like other large academies, namely the one across the field of Ari-ben and ATA, or negativity towards the instructors or aircraft. It's a solid school with a solid program.

I hear a Robair. I have read a few negative post about Ari on some other boards. I think Cmartin's experience will tell more than anything. Those negative posts are all pretty old. I felt comfortable at Ari.

Hey C,
I was in Houston this weekend and I took a discovery flight out at MVP Aero Academy(local FBO) on the north side. Anyway the guy who took me up got all of his multi engine ratings at Flight Safety and eneded up instructing at Ari-Ben, and he told me that if he could do it all over again he would have went to Ari-Ben from the get go. He said he left Ari-Ben with 800 hours TT because he got hired by Continental Express(fourloughed but just got called back for a class date), he also said that some of the instructors that were there when he left are approaching 1400 hrs which is close to the ATP mins. He also recommended I go there instead of the school he was instructing at, granted I was only looking for an FBO to get my private at before I hit one of the academies. My point is C-Martin you've made a great decision and as soon as I finish my degree( 1 more semester) I hope to join you down there.......
Smokey
wink.gif

Yo C, you gotta chill out man. I was joking around. You couldn't see that? I obviously couldn't come up with any more reasons that would bring the prices between the two closer together. Chill out man, you'll have a heart attack. It's OK, relax. Ari-ben vs. ATP, woopdy doo. Are you right and I'm wrong? Am I right and you're wrong? We're both happy with our decisions and we'll leave it at that. I'm not gonna convince you to go to ATP and you're not gonna convince me to go to Ari-ben.

By the way, you knew full well that it was a non-refundable deposit. NO REFUND. The purpose of this is to ensure that people are absolutely certain that they are going to attend and not change their mind. Reason being, ensuring that someone who is not sure of attending, like you, is not filling up a spot that someone else that is sure of attending could have. Get over it. It's your responsibity not ATP's. You knew it, they knew it, I knew it. That's why I made absolutely certain that I wanted to attend ATP. You should have too.
smirk.gif

Rob,
I think ATP and Ari-Ben are both good schools, I just feel that ATP makes you learn too much too fast. As a low-time pilot I would like to learn the information in 6 to 9 months vs. ATP's time frame(I can't remember exactly what it is but I know it's short). I'm interested to hear what you think. Also with ATP being part 61 won't you have to learn all that material on your own in a very short time....... I know Ari-Ben is mostly part 61 but it's spread out over more time....just a thought, good look at ATP
cool.gif

My understanding is that Ari's tempo is what you want it to be. I for one want it to be as fast as possible, but I learn things better if I am learning them quicker. My biggest issue with ATp is it costs more and I can't use VA bennies. If they create a 141 program, I will certainley look at them. Jax is closer to home for me. I was looking at the 10 month thing with ATp but I don't think I can make it work. In any case, I am really looking forward to reading about you guys experience at Ari. One of you could easily be my instructor when I finally get there. Don't worry, I am pretty quick to piclk things up and I invest heavily in good deodarant...

Back