Post deleted by Doug Taylor

Re: The Main Reason I chose Ari-Ben!

Will someone please post a journal of their daily routine at Ari-Ben inquiring minds would like to know!
Smokey......
cool.gif

Seriously. I am glad you posted about your CFi Smokey. C please please please post as muchas you can while you are doing training. That would be so valuable to us all. Socal did it great for ATP and the Turkey is doing a great job of it for Pan Am. Speaking of which, will you be in Ft Pierce this summer? I am coming to visit some family in Vero in June, I'd love to buy you a beer and hear how training is going. You can even lie if you want...
smile.gif

Let me take this opportunity to take back what I said about the deposit. You have a legitimate gripe C. You should take them to small claims court. I guess you live and learn the hard way sometimes. That sucks.
I saw your post about the oops
blush.gif
. Better that I pay $1,000 less than have King videos thrown in with the box of books don't ya think. There's that thousand bucks again.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I think cmartin is still got a point...
lets add the VA bennies and the fact that you get what? 3 hours in a citation. hell for saving 10,000$ he can still go get a TYPE RATING at ATP for the citation. or is that what the 3 hour joyride is?

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes a lot more than 10K to get a type rating. Dont think because you saw an ad in flying for a 737 type rating for 7500, you think you can get one. You still need to have a minnimum nunmber of hours in that aircraft before you can get a type rating.

-brian

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think cmartin is still got a point...
lets add the VA bennies and the fact that you get what? 3 hours in a citation. hell for saving 10,000$ he can still go get a TYPE RATING at ATP for the citation. or is that what the 3 hour joyride is?

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes a lot more than 10K to get a type rating. Dont think because you saw an ad in flying for a 737 type rating for 7500, you think you can get one. You still need to have a minnimum nunmber of hours in that aircraft before you can get a type rating.

-brian

[/ QUOTE ]

see there ya go spoutin your mouth without actually looking at ATP's website... it says plain as day.. Citation 500 TYPE rating 7995...click the link and it says in 4 days..

so... go back and read the quote.. and think before you type.

Yeah, they did say that the price was going up. That's why I made my deposit in November before it went up. I'm locked in for the price it was when I made the deposit.

By heaping praise on a school that you haven't even begun attending, and simultaniously bashing a school that you never attended and people that you do not know, you come across as ill-informed, petty and immature.

I do not know how Ari compares to ATP -- I have never attended Ari, so I cannot say. So, instead of wasting space and time bashing something I know nothing about, I once again give a quick capsule of my experience at ATP:

Finished the program in 59 days.
Passed every checkride.
Landed in 13 different states during my cross countrys.
Stayed in nice hotels and always had transportation.
Didn't pay a penny more than what was advertised.
Got hired six days after completing the program.
Started a year ago with 85 hours - now have 900 (800 multi).
Have signed off over 100 students with a 93% pass rate.

Why you find it necessary to continue to bash ATP, I'm not sure. I do know that my story with ATP is not unique. There are a number of pilots who have found ATP to be the best thing that ever happened to them. My suggestion to you would be to stop wasting so much time bashing others on this website, and start studying for the checkrides that await you.

I wish you luck in your aviation career.

C, you should put your opinions on hold comparing the two programs until you ACTUALLY see Ari-ben. You haven't even been there YET, haven't even seen their location or aircraft. I don't mind your views of ATP, you've actually been there and made a deposit and had a bad situation with them. Atleast I think you've been there. But you really can't compare the two programs yet because you haven't even seen Ari-ben yet, if I remember correctly.
Shouldn't you be starting soon by the way?

Nobody is bashing Ari-ben. I'm certainly not. I'm just pointing out the deficiencies I saw with the aircraft and maintenance compared to ATP. I never bashed them about it. I've only made personal attacks towards you to get you panties in a bunch. It's all in jest.
If you can remember, I actually said I would go to Ari-ben if, heaven forbid, anything would happen at ATP that would prevent me from finishing my ratings there. I'm giving my perspective from actually visiting and touring both facilities.
Sidenote, It's April 7 and it's frickin snowing outside. 2 to 6 inches expected! This winter and spring has sucked up here. I can't wait for JAX.

Rob,
Since you've actually been to Ari-Ben please give me the skinny on the planes. I would like to go to Ari-Ben but I have to finish this last semester of my degree. I plan on visiting it this summer, just give me the heads up on what to expect. And are the planes airworthy?
Smokey.........................
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
C, you should put your opinions on hold comparing the two programs until you ACTUALLY see Ari-ben. You haven't even been there YET, haven't even seen their location or aircraft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why are you always bashing PANAM? have you ever been there?

I actually have visited pan-am in deer valley in December and I tought it was a great facility and it was my first choice. But then I found Jetcareers; and after reading the posts in the pan-am forum I changed my mind. It sucked hearing all of those negative things being said about pan-am because I really wanted to fly over the desert in those shiny new planes. All in all it would have costed me around $60,000 to finish their program, with $7,000 of that blown on the ACE program. Where as at Ari-Ben it should cost around $34,000. Even though I haven't visited Ari-Ben yet(this summer) it looks to be a solid program and is my top choice at this point. Besides I wouldn't mind saving around $26,000 for the same ratings. By the way those costs didn't include housing of which the first three at Ari-Ben are covered in the Pro program.
Smokey....................................
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Where as at Ari-Ben it should cost around $34,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you including living expenses? The program cost 25k coming in with your PPL, and around 29k with out it.

About Panam, if you wanted to go there, then go. A lot of whats written about Panam is a lot of he said she said bull shiit. A few people have gotten screwed by Panam many havent. Turk will tell ya. I believe that a lot of people go to some of these academy's and go way over budget and they blame the school for that when its there fault. People go into panam sold with a dream and come out with reality. The fact is becoming a pilot takes hard work, long hours of studying and dedication.

Hey flyallday. Do you think I would visit Ari-ben without visiting Pan-Am. They're on the same field. Yes I've been to Pan-Am. Very nice facility. Nice aircraft. Bad rep and too much time and cash for me.

Of course I would think you have visited, BUT HOW DOES THAT GIVE YOU A RIGHT TO BASH A SCHOOL.
confused.gif

Im not trying to say that your a bad person, but I think its people like you that give panam such a bad rep.

eh hea! E7B doesn't have a clue. Keep up the Pan Am bashing. I love it.

Thats one thing you wrote in the Panam fourm, how the hell does E7B not have a clue when he goes to the school and you just visited????????????????????????????
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Back