Please post your interview questions(and answers)!

mrivc211

I am asking any of you guys working in the industry to throw a few questions at us, that could possibly be asked in an interview.
Thanks

You're at minimums on the approach and the captain continues, what do you do?

Not sure, but I'll give it a shot.

"Captain, were at mins and I do not have the RW/field/etc... in sight. We need to go missed unless you have them."

Would it depend on who was the FP?

[ QUOTE ]
Captain gets off the elevator in a red dress - do you tell anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if his shoes and bag don't match.

Start taking pictures to blackmail him with his wife later.

J.K. Ignore it...it's his personal life.

"So you have a problem with female captains? Well I'm sorry Mr. Pilot, we won't be needing you here anymore today."

Who's the PF? If he's flying, say field not in sight, going missed. If you're flying, ask if he has field in sight, if not, start missed approach. Hopefully, he just needs a little prodding from you as to correct procedures (in a subtle way, of course).
grin.gif

No, you just wink at him and ask him out for a drink during your layover.
wink.gif

(Of course, being the sexist pigs that we are, we are assuming the cap is a male right?)

You fly in a straight line from Point A to Point B. Your groundspeed for that leg is 200 kts. You then turn around and fly from Point B back to Point A. Your groundspeed for that leg is 100 kts. What is your average groundspeed for the trip (A-B-A)?

[ QUOTE ]
You fly in a straight line from Point A to Point B. Your groundspeed for that leg is 200 kts. You then turn around and fly from Point B back to Point A. Your groundspeed for that leg is 100 kts. What is your average groundspeed for the trip (A-B-A)?

[/ QUOTE ]

133.3 kts
tricky

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

133 1/3 kts

Tell us about a time that you were but in charge of something and didnt want to be? Where do you see yourself in five years?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

133 1/3 kts

ok i have tried but i dont know how you get that for the life of me. please explain. thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Tell us about a time that you were but in charge of something and didnt want to be? Where do you see yourself in five years?

[/ QUOTE ]

<whiny voice> Is this Amway? </whiny voice>

Lets use 200 NM trip from A to B for ease. So the first leg is 1 hour long, then the next leg would be 2 hours long.

400 NM/3 hours = 133 1/3 kts

On my first interview with 3 interviewers, for a professional pilot position 2 questions come to mind. Keep in mind that this was for a full time Military position flying a BE-20.

1. Q: The Col. asked me if I had discussed with my wife the potential of deployments, and was she supportive.

A: Yes sir we've discussed this and her only question was is it still direct deposit.

2: Q: The Unit Commander who was also the Unit Instructor Pilot and Instrument Flight Examiner asked me what my goal was in 5 yrs.

A: To have your job Sir. btw it took me 3 yrs to replace him as the Unit Instructor Pilot / Examiner.

I got the Job.
grin.gif

Back