Please post your interview questions(and answers)!

[ QUOTE ]
Now for the follow up question,

Is it ever permissable to descend below the MDA prior to reaching the VDP?

[/ QUOTE ]

Part 121 states that an air carrier pilot is only permitted to descend below the MDA prior to the published VDP if delaying the descent will result in a landing outside of the touchdown zone. This is true even with the runway and its associated environment in sight.

Part 91...does not have this stipulation.

I was asked this question on an interview with TWA...and the captain asking the question was amazed I got the answer right. It's a fairly obscure reg.

[ QUOTE ]
It's a fairly obscure reg.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know that since I didn't get into 121 too much. Learn something new all the time!

It's about as obscure as all the parts of 91.175 that state "...with the exception of a military aircraft of the United States..." for all the descending below DH without the required visual cues, missed approach, etc, et al.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's about as obscure as all the parts of 91.175 that state "...with the exception of a military aircraft of the United States..." for all the descending below DH without the required visual cues, missed approach, etc, et al.

[/ QUOTE ]

MikeD,

What is your procedure for IAP minimums in military aircraft? Do you abide by the published mins? Is it different for peacetime vs. wartime? Do you train for descent below mins without visual cues in sight?

Thanks in advance.

Back