Placing For Sale Section Ads

AeroT

The for sale section is a joke. There is no policy in place. People can post up items that are bogus. Like 60 hours of multi time with no details. A watch with no price. Come on.

I took this from another Forum. This is how I believe the for sale section should be regulated.

New Marketplace Rules & Guideliness - Effective February 7, 2009 and Ongoing

**Once your item has sold, please use the report post button to notify a Moderator to lock the thread.**

Due to some fraudulent behavior and scams that took place within these marketplace forums, we are tightening up the criteria for posting in this forum. The criteria is strict, but even seeing one person be scammed is too many. As always, you should use caution when buying / selling / trading on any online forum and CrackBerry.com assumes no responsibility for these community transactions. Please use these forums effectively. Be sure to check for a users feedback in the Marketplace Feedback Forum before conducting a transaction.

MEMBER POSTING CRITERIA
- To create a thread in this forum to buy, sell, or trade an item you must have a minimum CrackBerry post count of 100 and be a member of the site for at least three months.
- To post replies to threads, the minimum post count is 10 (same as posting URLs). As always, buyer beware.

POSTING RULES AND GUIDELINES

1) You may not, under any condition, sell an item that you do not have physical possession of. This means it is at your home or place of business and easily accessible to you at any time. You can not sell something prior to receiving it.

2) You are required to post a picture of the ACTUAL item, with the start of the thread, not after. Stock manufacturers/retailers photo's may be posted only to supplement a photo of your item, not in place of a photo of the actual item. If you do not have a digital camera of any type, your options are to borrow a friends or to take film pictures and either scan them yourself or have the photo store put them on a photo CD. Show closeups of damage/wear, if any, so buyers will not be surprised when they receive the item. If your item is used, clean it up a little before shooting. Your picture needs to show buyers that your item is worth the cost. Any photos in question that are not in good quality, you will be asked to retake them.

3) No Linking to other websites that act as a proxy for sale. Members wishing to list an item for sale cannot simply provide a link to a website that acts as a proxy or agent of sale. This means you cannot link to a website such as Ebay, Amazon Marketplace, etc. However, you can link to a webpage describing the product or to product specification pages. Also, you are not allowed to simply link to another web forum that describes the item for sale. We prefer that you duplicate your post in this forum rather than linking to an outside forum. This rule is in effect to provide the forum members here an opportunity to see your item rather than to use this forum as an advertisement for personal auctions or to redirect attention towards public product sales.

4) Strict rules concerning sellers and buyers. There is no "rating system" for sellers and buyers. Basically, it's either a "good" transaction or it's a "bad" transaction. If you're selling something - and the buyer has reason to suspect that you're being shady - then the seller will be banned once enough evidence to suggest the seller is being dodgy, lazy, incomplete, or apathetic on providing what is advertised. If the seller truly has a significant reason to explain the circumstance, and the situation is resolved - then the seller is still "good" since diligence and effort make all the difference in a transaction.

Same applies to buyers. If a seller finds out that a buyer reneges payment or other weird things with no explanation - the buyer will be banned once evidence supports that the buyer is sketchy. These strict rules are in place because this forum won't be used as some metric to see how trustworthy you are. You start with credibility - and if that credibility is shot due to abuse of trust, then the abuser gets banned.

If you have ANY questions about these rules, please contact a moderator before creating your sell thread. We reserve the right to remove any listing at any time for any reason.

5) Mitigating disruptions in Marketplace. Often times, there are certain types of posts that disrupt the course of a buy/sell thread. This rule will address this issue. Any discrepancies are subject to removal by moderators. All threads are to keep on track of the original posters buying or selling. Moderators may remove posts, close or delete threads at their discretion.

6) You may not sell items without being an active community member. In addition to the post and tenure limitations, you must continue to be an active member of the community while using the Marketplace forums. You are not allowed to solely use this forum for selling purposes while not posting in other areas of the Forums. If you are found to only be posting items for sale in the Marketplace and are not actively posting in other forums, your account will be subject to termination without notice.

7) You may not edit a listing once it has been posted. This is to prevent users from changing the details of a listing during or after a transaction. If you have updates to add to your post, you may add them as a reply in the thread, but under no circumstances are permitted to edit the original post. Anyone found to have edited a post and changed the transaction details could be banned at moderators discretion.

8) Follow the Marketplace Posting Guidelines. ALL posts must follow the format below. If you don't post in the proper format, you will be asked to edit your post. If do not, you post will be removed.

The format is as follows:

The thread title must use one of the following abbreviations:

Quote:
WTS = wanted to sell
WTB = wanted to buy
WTT = wanted to trade
All new threads will need to use the following template for posting, please just copy and paste this into your new thread:

Item Description :
Price :
Rate it :
What it comes with :
Item location :
Shipping Details :
Payment Options :
Contact Info :

Any additional info:

This is how it should look before you post your thread:

Quote:
Selling:

Thread title: WTS Unlocked BlackBerry 8300

Item Description : WTS Unlocked BlackBerry 8300
Price : $330 USD
Rate it : 10/10
What it comes with : Everything in the box
Item location : Austin, TX
Shipping Details : Buyer pays UPS/FedEx/USPS
Payment Options : PayPal only
Contact Info : anyone@crackberry.com

Any additional info: The item is O2 branded and loaded with the most recent OS

Be sure to include original photos with your listing when you list it or it will be removed.

Buying:

Thread title: WTB Unlocked BlackBerry 8300

Item Description : WTB Unlocked BlackBerry 8300
Price : $330 USD or less
Rate it : 8/10 or better
What it comes with : At least a charger & manual
Item location : Austin, TX
Shipping Details : I will pay UPS/FedEx/USPS
Payment Options : PayPal only
Contact Info : anyone@crackberry.com

*Linking to Ebay or other auctions is not allowed. Bumping of threads in the Marketplace Forums is against forum rules. Do not bump your own thread or it can and will be removed.

**Once your item has sold, please use the report post button to notify a Moderator to lock the thread.**

The for sale section is a joke. There is no policy in place. People can post up items that are bogus. Like 60 hours of multi time with no details. A watch with no price. Come on.

I'm not really seeing any glaring issues that need correcting. I suppose that the multi-time post is a little bit...ummm...odd, but seeing that Doug posted in that thread I'm guessing he thought it was a good "learn from this" type thread so he left it in place.

And I don't understand the problem of posting something without a price? The worst thing that happens is that someone offers him a low-ball price and he turns it down. The best thing that happens is that someone offers a little bit more than he was hoping to get - and both guys win (the guy making the offer thought his price was fair, and the seller makes a little more than he was hoping for). Hardly seems like something worth getting alienated over, but maybe I just don't understand the protocol.

I don't know - personally I don't see a problem that needs fixing. Maybe Doug will feel differently. :dunno:

No likey, please no usey.

If you have a simple suggestion to improve anything around here, I'm all ears but I'm not about to hire attorneys, goons and hall monitors out of our paltry ad revenue to ensure compliance.

If something looks bogus, report it.

We depend on YOU guys.

So, I take it you're volunteering to moderate all this?

You know that the moderation is a volunteer job that doesn't pay, right?

I can't believe that there is someone actually advocating for MORE bureaucracy around here... (which, I have to say, is one of things I love the most about this place - few but simple rules).

I think he's volunteering, Mikey! :) Seriously, if he could uphold those rules, I'd be more than happy to have him run THAT section! :)

The for sale section is a joke. ....This is how I believe the for sale section should be regulated.

...And yet you choose to browse it.....

Doug, I think you have found someone to takeover the day to day operation of the website.... :whatever:

Watch out for the watch bandit!

Seriously, I thought about things, amended my post, waiting on service, an appraisal, then I'll post a price on that darn thing. That way there are no games in the in-between time of: "Hey man, the stuff you sold me doesn't work..." I don't want to go there, so, I'd rather wait for the ducks to get in a row, before I post a a price point...

I think if he likes that other forum so much he should go back there... And God help us if he were to moderate JC. I like how free we are!!! We are like hippies in the 60's and 70's FREE

I think if he likes that other forum so much he should go back there... And God help us if he were to moderate JC. I like how free we are!!! We are like hippies in the 60's and 70's FREE

You're getting suspended now on general principle.

:)

There's no need to harp on the guy, guys! he's got a valid suggestion....we're absolutely open to changes as long as someone can be the watchman. :)

There's no need to harp on the guy, guys! he's got a valid suggestion....we're absolutely open to changes as long as someone can be the watchman. :)

Wasn't trying to start anything. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Back