Pinnacle Stock

Yes... the Capital returns on closing HEF, and streamlining the operations in Memphis (rolling both airlines into the same management/ dispatch/ scheduling teams) has been rumored to open up somewhere near 11mil. - much like a normal "merger" even though we will stay "separate"

No new Q's yet

Plus the "900" shuffle over there, I guess things are looking good foe PT

Dont read too much Mark. Everyone but Mesa was up on this slow day. The volume was dead. Next week will be a real clue on how things are going to go. However closing at over 9 was exciting in general for the market. LCC and United (usairways) both were up over 7% and 8% each. Just a good day.

Yeah, Seggs...the entire market was up the last couple trading days.

I've got a couple dogs in my portfolio right now that it doesn't cost me much to hold on to, and even those were up, even though there wasn't much reason for them to be. I suspect - though I don't know - that it might be much of same.

Also - and remember this - just because a stock is up 20% does not mean someone is going to pay that 20% rise to buy the stock from you. Just means that's what it last traded at.

Yes... the Capital returns on closing HEF, and streamlining the operations in Memphis (rolling both airlines into the same management/ dispatch/ scheduling teams) has been rumored to open up somewhere near 11mil. - much like a normal "merger" even though we will stay "separate"

No new Q's yet

Plus the "900" shuffle over there, I guess things are looking good foe PT

Are they already moving up the dispatchers from HEF to MEM? I thought it was a couple of months away.

Sounds like a great case to be made for a single-carrier filing to me.

i think they are sitting on a announcement of 10 q's to be delivered 2nd and 3rd qtr this year. with the additional 15 to be delivered starting spring 2010

10 to United out of LAX and split with DEN

5 more in EWR

10 in IAH

:nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2::panic::panic::panic::panic::nana2::nana2::nana2::nana2:

Sounds like a great case to be made for a single-carrier filing to me.

:yeahthat:

Honestly, after Colgan voted in ALPA, I think management realizes they've lost their whipsaw tool. Therefore, there's really no financially feasible reason to keep the two separate. You've got two managements, two SOCs and two operations that could be streamlined into one to save $$$ in a crumbling economy. If they DO merge the managements and SOC, I don't see how they can fight a single carrier petition, honestly. They might put up a small fight just to save face, but they HAVE to know what's coming if/when they merge those operations.

Single carrier filing will not happen as long as Continental has RJs scoped out to 50 seats which is something I obviously hope they keep!

They have to keep the different operating certificates. More likely we will see something like RAH has.

Single carrier filing will not happen as long as Continental has RJs scoped out to 50 seats which is something I obviously hope they keep!

They have to keep the different operating certificates. More likely we will see something like RAH has.

Like Todd said, it could happen. Just run two separate certs Republic style. Last I checked, CHQ was still flying CRJs for CAL while Republic is flying 175s for US Airways.

Ok folks.... Disclaimer... I HAVE played this stock in the past but am not at the moment. I have done VERY well in the past. IF I was playing it right now I would be looking at the following transactions and issues.

Parbai Mohnish is now down to 18,115 shares and has been running extremely high sell orders the last 2 days.

Philip Trenary (CEO), Doug Shockey, and James Mcghee (the big 3 at this company) have been buying and executing sale orders like it's nobody's business. Over 100,000 shares bought BETWEEN JUST THESE 3 in the last 2 days of trading.

There have been 0 institutional shares (reported) since Sept 08. Even funds and institutions that were "cleaning" up the Q4 balance sheet and year end holding WOULD NOT put money into PNCL since it is down far more than the average airline stock.

The company is now OFF "recess" with negotiations resuming Jan 26th with the mediator.

The company has put out a displacement bid for 30 CA's which chops off all the upgrades that were pretty much "out of seniority" (aka street folks and junior FO's) as the only posturing move against the pilots with upcoming negotiations. Ironic timing. Especially with both sides already short handed.

Obama will be in for a week before negotiations- not much COULD happen that fast but the person who looks to be the nominee for the NMB is EXTREMELY labor friendly.

We have options for more -900's that the mgmt group wants to operate. DL is putting out the -900's but we need a contract for more flying (it was in the last ASA -service agreement- that ran the stock up from $4 to $19).

Colgan voted in ALPA.

I think its insider moves in expectation of big changes, Pabrai is also on a sell spree since he didn't listen to Warren's advice.

I am steering clear but 1K shares would be an easy play. Put a stop at $1.50, if it hits that put on a short order- cause if things don't get hammered out with the company the stock is NOT going to chill at this P/E and valuation. Look at the overall industry for the going ratios.

Just my $.02 :p

Back