Pinnacle Stock

Where do you find this info that they have purchased these shares? I looked up insider trading and the last thing I saw was that cs sold some shares in december.

Level 2 quotes required unless you wait for the SEC filings... Yahoo finance should only be a starting point and not something to rely on when you have money on the line.

XJT is at 1.80, down 4 cents today. I think Yahoo is a bit optimistic.

Yea... I am not sure why the CNN money link is showing such a change. A 1500% increase made me do a little more looking.

Schwab shows $1.80 as the last with a bid/ask spread under 20 cents. Not much movement.

Yea, obviously there was a problem with a couple of the finance websites in regard to the XJT stock price. It made for a good laugh over at the expressjetpilots board.

Higney can you recommend a book that would explain all these basics? I have read a good book about the stock market by Peter Lynch a while ago. It was more theory than practical and more LONG TERM than short term. But as everyone else I would like money when I can still enjoy it.

Honestly, the "best" way to learn i my opinion, is read market related zines, and papers. Also, before you ever really get into the game, set up a strategy, pick your stocks, and then fake it. "Buy" what you think you could afford, but stick that cash in a high rate CD, 6 or 12 month.

Play your fake market for the same amount of time, learning as you go. Don't forget to assign yourself trade fee's etc. At the end, pull your money out of the CD, and see which one netted you better. I'd bet 98% of the people who do this get more cash from the CD at first... Once you can consistently beat the CD, and are getting a good feel for the market, make your move. By consistently beating, i mean over the term of the account. Unless you want to be a day trader by profession, nailing a 10-20% increase for a day may sound and feel great, but the market, much like Vegas... always wins :)

Back