Pinnacle Stock

Ok folks.... Disclaimer... I HAVE played this stock in the past but am not at the moment. I have done VERY well in the past. IF I was playing it right now I would be looking at the following transactions and issues.

Parbai Mohnish is now down to 18,115 shares and has been running extremely high sell orders the last 2 days.

Philip Trenary (CEO), Doug Shockey, and James Mcghee (the big 3 at this company) have been buying and executing sale orders like it's nobody's business. Over 100,000 shares bought BETWEEN JUST THESE 3 in the last 2 days of trading.

There have been 0 institutional shares (reported) since Sept 08. Even funds and institutions that were "cleaning" up the Q4 balance sheet and year end holding WOULD NOT put money into PNCL since it is down far more than the average airline stock.

The company is now OFF "recess" with negotiations resuming Jan 26th with the mediator.

The company has put out a displacement bid for 30 CA's which chops off all the upgrades that were pretty much "out of seniority" (aka street folks and junior FO's) as the only posturing move against the pilots with upcoming negotiations. Ironic timing. Especially with both sides already short handed.

Obama will be in for a week before negotiations- not much COULD happen that fast but the person who looks to be the nominee for the NMB is EXTREMELY labor friendly.

We have options for more -900's that the mgmt group wants to operate. DL is putting out the -900's but we need a contract for more flying (it was in the last ASA -service agreement- that ran the stock up from $4 to $19).

Colgan voted in ALPA.

I think its insider moves in expectation of big changes, Pabrai is also on a sell spree since he didn't listen to Warren's advice.

I am steering clear but 1K shares would be an easy play. Put a stop at $1.50, if it hits that put on a short order- cause if things don't get hammered out with the company the stock is NOT going to chill at this P/E and valuation. Look at the overall industry for the going ratios.

Just my $.02 :p

Dang, sure wish I understood what you're talking about.

In simple terms, you're advocating 'buy' or 'sell'....little help here? :eek:

Translation, if you've got money to burn, then 1,000 shares could be a fun time at the right price.

Not sure what could possibly be up other than streamlining operations to free up some cash flow. I don't really see too many growth opportunities right now.

If you don't understand the terms...... "Hold". Buy a index fund...

No worries, I'll be doing neither buying or selling of anything at the moment. I was just curious to learn more about the cryptic (to me) information you were talking about. ;)

Translation, if you've got money to burn, then 1,000 shares could be a fun time at the right price.

Not sure what could possibly be up other than streamlining operations to free up some cash flow. I don't really see too many growth opportunities right now.

Thanks! That was much easier to understand. :drool: :hiya:

No worries, I'll be doing neither buying or selling of anything at the moment. I was just curious to learn more about the cryptic (to me) information you were talking about. ;)

Thanks! That was much easier to understand. :drool: :hiya:

Pretty much if u could toss 1k shares for the hell of it, you could end up with a goose egg, or golden egg. All depends on how well you play that is. The stress of investing on an airline is almost the Samw as working for one :)

Pretty much if u could toss 1k shares for the hell of it, you could end up with a goose egg, or golden egg. All depends on how well you play that is. The stress of investing on an airline is almost the Samw as working for one :)

It's only money...:crazy:

PNCL stock has taken a huge hit during the past year. Sure, most airline stock did drop significantly during the summer when oil skyrocketed. Most had some mild correction upwards following that, PNCL appeared not to have. Maybe investors see an undervalued stock.

PNCL stock has taken a huge hit during the past year. Sure, most airline stock did drop significantly during the summer when oil skyrocketed. Most had some mild correction upwards following that, PNCL appeared not to have. Maybe investors see an undervalued stock.

When the top 3 folks in MGMT account for 1/3 of all the shares traded (in buy orders) they are either using option orders for the year or there is something on the horizon. I don't know what's up, therefore I am staying on the sidelines and boosting core holdings in the market- but there are alot of different ways to look at all the factors that have influenced the price. NOTHING points to anything certain though.

When the top 3 folks in MGMT account for 1/3 of all the shares traded (in buy orders) they are either using option orders for the year or there is something on the horizon. I don't know what's up, therefore I am staying on the sidelines and boosting core holdings in the market- but there are alot of different ways to look at all the factors that have influenced the price. NOTHING points to anything certain though.

Normally, when those 3 are making stock moves, the pilots start crying "insider trading" a few months later when they make out like bandits.

Normally, when those 3 are making stock moves, the pilots start crying "insider trading" a few months later when they make out like bandits.

So buy some too. I made my first year FO pay in a couple weeks off their a$$'s when I was still in NH training. I personally don't see any real path to the writing on the wall so I am investing in a broad market index. Go for it Captain! Just put a stop limit under it in case the floor drops out.

We should fly together sometime.. I have a feeling we may be able to carry on a conversation.

We should fly together sometime.. I have a feeling we may be able to carry on a conversation.

We should try to work that out. It would be a fun trip. As far as buying some stock.....I'm investing that money in paying that loan shark Sallie Mae and saving for a down payment on another house.....in another state. ;)

saving for a down payment on another house.....in another state. ;)

There is a BIG Gov't backed Refi deal in the workings... Could save us homeowners/ new owners lots of money...Latest I've seen, indicates 4.5% on a re-fi... even If your "standing" on the ceiling.

While I myself am fine in the market right now... I would love a 0 down refi that knocks 1% off....

There is a BIG Gov't backed Refi deal in the workings... Could save us homeowners/ new owners lots of money...Latest I've seen, indicates 4.5% on a re-fi... even If your "standing" on the ceiling.

While I myself am fine in the market right now... I would love a 0 down refi that knocks 1% off....

Yeah, the house I'm in now, I've got a decent bit of equity, not behind and an okay (for 2006) fixed APR. Doesn't make sense to re-fi when I'm looking to sell, move and buy a house in Florida. MEM has finally gotten to me....again. It's gotten to me so much, I'm willing to make myself a commuter.

Yeah, the house I'm in now, I've got a decent bit of equity, not behind and an okay (for 2006) fixed APR. Doesn't make sense to re-fi when I'm looking to sell, move and buy a house in Florida. MEM has finally gotten to me....again. It's gotten to me so much, I'm willing to make myself a commuter.

NOrmally i would say NO!! dont do it. Commuting SUCKS!! but i know first hand what Memphis is like, so i cant blame you. haha

Ok folks.... Disclaimer... I HAVE played this stock in the past but am not at the moment. I have done VERY well in the past. IF I was playing it right now I would be looking at the following transactions and issues.

Parbai Mohnish is now down to 18,115 shares and has been running extremely high sell orders the last 2 days.

Philip Trenary (CEO), Doug Shockey, and James Mcghee (the big 3 at this company) have been buying and executing sale orders like it's nobody's business. Over 100,000 shares bought BETWEEN JUST THESE 3 in the last 2 days of trading.

There have been 0 institutional shares (reported) since Sept 08. Even funds and institutions that were "cleaning" up the Q4 balance sheet and year end holding WOULD NOT put money into PNCL since it is down far more than the average airline stock.

The company is now OFF "recess" with negotiations resuming Jan 26th with the mediator.

The company has put out a displacement bid for 30 CA's which chops off all the upgrades that were pretty much "out of seniority" (aka street folks and junior FO's) as the only posturing move against the pilots with upcoming negotiations. Ironic timing. Especially with both sides already short handed.

Obama will be in for a week before negotiations- not much COULD happen that fast but the person who looks to be the nominee for the NMB is EXTREMELY labor friendly.

We have options for more -900's that the mgmt group wants to operate. DL is putting out the -900's but we need a contract for more flying (it was in the last ASA -service agreement- that ran the stock up from $4 to $19).

Colgan voted in ALPA.

I think its insider moves in expectation of big changes, Pabrai is also on a sell spree since he didn't listen to Warren's advice.

I am steering clear but 1K shares would be an easy play. Put a stop at $1.50, if it hits that put on a short order- cause if things don't get hammered out with the company the stock is NOT going to chill at this P/E and valuation. Look at the overall industry for the going ratios.

Just my $.02 :p

Hey Higney, I always hear pinnacle talk about how many options they have for the Q, never hear them talk about the 900, how many do they have for the 900?
Great post by the way, I am learning all of those terms right now.

Hey Higney, I always hear pinnacle talk about how many options they have for the Q, never hear them talk about the 900, how many do they have for the 900?
Great post by the way, I am learning all of those terms right now.

I believe 16 more but would need to sift through my massive file of paperwork to find out for sure. The bigger concern is the scope clause under DL. I am unsure how much room there still is for more 50+ seaters. Pinnacle management still needs to find a home for 15 Q's. There are a total of 31 (optioned/options for) airframes under the pinnacle banner. There are plenty of rumors for gloom and doom and positive so 2009 will be an interesting year!

Where do you find this info that they have purchased these shares? I looked up insider trading and the last thing I saw was that cs sold some shares in december.

Back