Pinnacle sets the standard for regional airlines

Guum-Ball announced our newest program, on time performance bonuses- in the middle of our worst on time performance I know of in recent memory and it's entirely due to incompetence on every level of the SOC.

I literally LOL'd when I picked that up from my v-file yesterday!

Didn't go back and quote it but one of your earlier posts mentioned 60% completion factor... I think that was actually on-time arrival or something. Completion has been in the upper 90% all month. Not sure completion matters when you're 4+ hours late though!

Sounds like they told DP to pound sand. Any Eagle guys confirm?

confirmed.

message from our MEC chairman:

Fellow American Eagle pilots:

This morning the MEC convened via telephone and passed the following motion regarding US Airways’ proposal to the EGL MEC:

The concept of a B scale is unacceptable and thus this document is unacceptable and shall NOT be sent for pilot ratification; further the MEC hereby declines any further negotiations with a reference to a B scale.

As you may be aware, US Airways and Eagle management had provided the Eagle MEC with this most recent proposal and stated that it was unable to come off of the B-Scale concept. Although this most recent offer contained a fleet plan, guaranteed by the mainline, which included the delivery of “large RJ” aircraft, and a slightly increased flow to AA, the MEC overwhelmingly decided that the introduction of a B-Scale into the regional industry was not an acceptable means by which to accomplish these goals.

Eagle pilots know far too well that a guaranteed job at the mainline carrier can quickly be delayed by a decade or more, and further degradation of our segment of the industry not only fails to address cyclical stagnation but also severely damages pattern bargaining for our sister carriers.

US Airways has indicated that if the Eagle pilots do not enter into this agreement with management, then it will source these deliveries elsewhere. The burden now falls on our brothers and sisters at other carriers to take their own stand and stop further degradation of the industry by making concession after concession for the promise of new metal. We will continue to support them in this cause.

Fraternally,

Tony Gutierrez

Maybe the rest of the regionals will have some gnards.

I was a yes vote at first, using the "I have a family and am almost a captain" argument. After really looking at it, and realizing we already "gave at the office" once this bankruptcy, I realized people have to stand up and say no sometimes, otherwise they will never stop asking.

Then we can call OSHA out and see if they approved that memo.

I've refused planes for sanitary reasons until they were fixed by my standards. It's not that hard.

I've been told by company reps that OSHA rules are trumped / do not apply at airlines. There is not requirement, for example, to have the same protective equipment available to me as is available to the lav guy. But I still have to open the door...

cencal83406 said:
I've been told by company reps that OSHA rules are trumped / do not apply at airlines. There is not requirement, for example, to have the same protective equipment available to me as is available to the lav guy. But I still have to open the door...

Nope the idiots in management are wrong.

OSHA reps were called into the Mesaba Crew Room in MEM a few years ago because of the filth there. OSHA put the hammer down on Mesaba at the time.

OSHA rules or not, you can still refuse an airplane for being dirty.

Nope the idiots in management are wrong.

OSHA reps were called into the Mesaba Crew Room in MEM a few years ago because of the filth there. OSHA put the hammer down on Mesaba at the time.

OSHA rules or not, you can still refuse an airplane for being dirty.
OSHA told JR they were going to shut down the MEM operation, we got a new crew room.

cencal83406 our management told the feds to go pound sand when they wanted us to do the lavs. Kind of weird to think back it wasn't all that long ago that I had managers that treated us like people. I guess I'll just file that under "all regionals are the same."

OSHA told JR they were going to shut down the MEM operation, we got a new crew room.

cencal83406 our management told the feds to go pound sand when they wanted us to do the lavs. Kind of weird to think back it wasn't all that long ago that I had managers that treated us like people. I guess I'll just file that under "all regionals are the same."

Well our company files it under the "the Feds say you have to" excuse.

Back