Pilot-Fatigue Rule May Stall

The Dems are right on this issue.. But I'd still never, ever, vote Democrat.

Seriously.....who gives a rats ass what Party you would vot for?? Think of your career!!! Damn! This "my team vs. your team" mentality has REALLY gone to a new low when pilots wont do what's best for their career simply because the party they are not registered in came up with ...or supports an idea that will BENIFIT THEM!!! Seriously??

Sully was on MSNBC a couple days ago speaking out against this Shuster amendment. Its worth a watch if its out there on the interwebs still.

Who cares what Sully thinks? He's got his golden umbrella. Maybe he shoud have been looking out the window............(I'll stop now)....

The argument that increasing rest increases costs and makes an airline less profitable is bunk. It is only valid to the point of increasing costs, and beyond that the playing field is levelled by legislation which imposes the same rules on all companies thereby passing the same costs on to each airline's customer equally.

Absolutely not true. I called in fatigued after 2 legs out of domicile recently in the morning, reduced rest, no sleep, loud hotel. Was put into hotel during day for 10 hrs, couldn't sleep day time, I'm not a robot.. even though I was exhausted. Then given flight and deadhead same day to another base after so called rest.. I called the chief pilot and said wtf.. now I have an 18 hr day, how is that better? She said, that's what happens when you call in fatigued at an outstatition. Exact words here.. Nice...

This isn't the first time I have been assigned flying same day after a fatigue at eagle.. no special treatment here... I fatigued again once back in base, but still.. they will try.

That sucks dude... and is honestly the first time I've heard of things like that. I hope you wrote that up for the Fatigue review board. That definitely needs to be addressed.

The argument that increasing rest increases costs and makes an airline less profitable is bunk. It is only valid to the point of increasing costs, and beyond that the playing field is levelled by legislation which imposes the same rules on all companies thereby passing the same costs on to each airline's customer equally.

This. An all-encompassing regulatory change is the the easiest way to the proverbial "a rising tide lifts all boats".

Back