Pics from the road

IrishSheepdog

Sitting in the median
Hey guys and gals, I know you really love this stuff so on my trip today I brought my camera along and snapped some pics. Hope you enjoy... explanations above each...
smile.gif

This is how we pick up our weather at many of our destinations, most notably our hub Midway. This is ACARS, and we use it to message dispatch, pick up clearances, pick up weather, get out/off/on/in times, and so on. Here is a shot of ATIS.

acars.JPG

Here is a shot of our EFIS tubes in flight to Dayton. By using a "second course" selection in this "deviation" mode, you can see the victor airway inbound and outbound courses from the different VORs joining the airway. Sorta allows you to see the "curvature" with the courses.

airway.JPG

Here we are taxiing behind an ATA 757 at MDW.

amtran.JPG

Here is a shot of our cockpit sitting on the ground in MDW. You can see an air cart and lav service cart sitting in the hangar in front of our plane.

cockpit.JPG

Here's a shot of the office at 15,000 feet enroute to Dayton.

cruise.JPG

Final approach to runway 4R at MDW. Probably the coolest view I see all day.
laugh.gif

final.JPG

Yeah, well this is me, enroute MKE-MDW flying down the lakefront.

fo.JPG

This is a shot of the front cabin. The lavatory and galley are located up front... you can also see our cool Chicago skyline bulkhead.

galley.JPG

Lined up for departure at 4R MDW.

lineup.JPG

Here is my section of the office.

office.JPG

Cruising out over downtown Chicago on the way to Milwaukee.

overcity.JPG

Here's a shot of the Chicago skyline coming in for approach to Midway.

skyline.JPG

Here's a shot of our tail I took while doing a preflight. I still think it's the coolest paint job out there.

tail.JPG

Hope you liked these! If there is anything in particular you might like to see, let me know and I'll try to snap a picture of it. I can't always be taking pictures, but I'll try to get something if you want to see it.
grin.gif

Wow awesome pictures!

After looking at the pictures and seeing where Meigs used to be, it makes me disappointed that I will never get to land there, ever, in my lifetime (something I wanted to do someday).

[ QUOTE ]
Crap, I thought I resized these correctly. Sorry they are so big.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bigger the better!
smile.gif

Unless... you got dial-up
tongue.gif

thats pretty sweet. thanks flychicaga.

seeing stuff like that really keeps me excited for an airline career down the road.
smile.gif

Awesome pics!!

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="white"> </font> Hope you liked these! If there is anything in particular you might like to see, let me know and I'll try to snap a picture of it. I can't always be taking pictures, but I'll try to get something if you want to see it.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="white"> </font>

Maybe some flight attendants
blush.gif
Ah, nevermind
wink.gif

Hey Thanks man.

Do you ever come through MLI (quad city). I think I sent you a PM asking you that.

I work over across the airport at elliot aviation. The northwest and your company saab 340s look so cool.

Thank for your time in sharing these pictures

Tom

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Thanks man.

Do you ever come through MLI (quad city). I think I sent you a PM asking you that.

I work over across the airport at elliot aviation. The northwest and your company saab 340s look so cool.

Thank for your time in sharing these pictures

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we fly in to MLI. I haven't flown in there yet. I'll PM you some time when it's on my schedule.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, well this is me, enroute MKE-MDW flying down the lakefront

[/ QUOTE ]

Single, young, a pilot, bachelor, Where can I sign
grin.gif
up?

Hey thanks flychicaga.

Im working 5-10 on week nights.

Id have to come out side to see ya fly in or back out though, im a detail technician so im in a hangar all night.

Thanks

Tom

Great pics! Two questions for you.

1.) What kind of camera?

2.) When I jumpseated on Chicago Express, the FO was using some kind of hand held computer. What was it for? Weight and ballance?

Anyway, thanks . . .

[ QUOTE ]
Great pics! Two questions for you.

1.) What kind of camera?

2.) When I jumpseated on Chicago Express, the FO was using some kind of hand held computer. What was it for? Weight and ballance?

Anyway, thanks . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Olympus D-550.

We have a Dolphin Unit On-Board Dispatch computer. It's a Windows based program on a little handheld computer that allows us to throw in the weather, passengers, bags, maintenance items (something that would cause a performance hit), etc., and it spits out all our V speeds, torque settings, and weights.

Very nice pictures! I'm jealous, the B1900C doesn't rate at all compared to your machine... I guess 3yrs of hand flying is bound to make me feel like a change
laugh.gif

Out of curiousity, how long to command at your company?

Back