Penalized for fatigue report?!?!??!?

I had heard he was difficult but hadn’t had any experience with it. The few times I had spoken with him I hadn’t had any issues.

The guy is disabled and angry at the world as a result though he created his disability.

How is difficulty sleeping pilot induced? It’s not like I was out partying the night before.

When pilots argue they can fly an airplane as well as the next guy, and @Derg comes in and says that there is more to flying an airplane than stick and rudder skills, this is what he's talking about.

Seriously man, do you actually have any background in aviation? You've claimed to be a vet, could you give us all a little sense of what brought you to this site and why you're such a prolific poster?

This is the second time I've asked because this is just starting to seem ridiculous. That link you threw in there doesn't even make any sense, unless it's just flame-bait- in which case you're seriously just trolling.

Bear = Qutch?

Why put up with that nonsense when, in this hiring market, you pretty much have the choice of any regional you want to work for?

Contact your POI and explain it to him.

Fatigue is something that NO ONE should mess with. Your POI needs to make that clear, and if he doesn't, keep escalating.

How is this a crapfest?

Namely the stuff about the dispatcher. In your best interest to delete those posts buddy.

You may not realize this, but a wide variety of people, to include hiring managers and the like read these threads. This reads like the kind of story someone tells you trying to explain when they got fired from some place justifiably but can't admit it to themselves. Don't get me wrong, you're probably not incorrect, and there's a good chance that you are being penalized for a fatigue report...but I've heard stories like this before. If a guy says, "he's disabled and is mad at the world" like you said, I instantly think, "well he's probably not going to get along with Bill who's got a special needs kid..."

This sort of thing just reeks of "trouble." Is what they're doing right? No, probably not. But it's not wise to air your dirty laundry about jobs over the Internet when other people likely can identify who you're talking about. There is definitely not enough plausible deniability.

Again, I hear a story like this - even if it's true - during an interview I think, "this guy is going to be trouble."

Namely the stuff about the dispatcher. In your best interest to delete those posts buddy.

You may not realize this, but a wide variety of people, to include hiring managers and the like read these threads. This reads like the kind of story someone tells you trying to explain when they got fired from some place justifiably but can't admit it to themselves. Don't get me wrong, you're probably not incorrect, and there's a good chance that you are being penalized for a fatigue report...but I've heard stories like this before. If a guy says, "he's disabled and is mad at the world" like you said, I instantly think, "well he's probably not going to get along with Bill who's got a special needs kid..."

This sort of thing just reeks of "trouble." Is what they're doing right? No, probably not. But it's not wise to air your dirty laundry about jobs over the Internet when other people likely can identify who you're talking about. There is definitely not enough plausible deniability.

Again, I hear a story like this - even if it's true - during an interview I think, "this guy is going to be trouble."
“The one common factor in all your failed relationships is you”

That post was deleted long before you responded. So what is your motivation for your day later post? Do you know the guy? He's pretty well known for his poor attitude.

I've not been fired. My job isn't on the line. I'm disabled myself. So based on your logic I hate all disabled people? That doesn't make any sense?

That post was deleted long before you responded. So what is your motivation for your day later post? Do you know the guy? He's pretty well known for his poor attitude.

I've not been fired. My job isn't on the line. I'm disabled myself. So based on your logic I hate all disabled people? That doesn't make any sense?

IMG_2776.JPG

It's the fact that you chose to make that statement. People remember that sort of thing, and it creates problems in the long run.

Remember, as with most things to most people, perception is reality, and the perception a thread like this creates is a poor one. If you don't care, that's fine, but in cases like this I've found it best to simply keep my mouth shut and update my resume.

It's the fact that you chose to make that statement. People remember that sort of thing, and it creates problems in the long run.

Remember, as with most things to most people, perception is reality, and the perception a thread like this creates is a poor one. If you don't care, that's fine, but in cases like this I've found it best to simply keep my mouth shut and update my resume.

I get that. That's why I deleted it shortly after I wrote it. I was angry when I wrote it. Turns out I have been flying with a fractured wrist for a month. I went out of my way to support the company in their time of need but when I need some support they were not there. I made the choice to continue to fly since we were short pilots while waiting on the results for my wrist. I had a bad night without sleep and tried to get the company to be understanding. Instead they wrote me up for it. That made me angry. The guy in question was the one who was directly responsible because I tried to work with him and find a solution that worked for both parties. Instead he responded with a "my way or highway" sort of comment. Which is him deciding if I am fit to fly or not.

Back