PDT Employee Killed in MGM

On every aircraft carrier island structure that faces the flight deck. Probably should be on every ramp too.

8CD0326F-ACD0-477C-82F6-2BE5C33BF164.jpeg

On every aircraft carrier island structure that faces the flight deck. Probably should be on every ramp too.

View attachment 69307

Come on Mike. Nobody reads the structure. ;-). Seriously though, you cannot have a bad day on the flight deck. It won't end well. The worst days Ive seen were 1: munitions coming lose on landing and going over the side (and the ringing of GQ sirens) and hearing 'man overboard' during the darkness and knowing it wasnt a drill. Stand up in the wrong spot on the flight deck and you were going for a swim. As exciting as the flight deck can be I loved the safety of my work center in the computer room....

Not really relevant to this particular mishap, but my old man, from a young age being around planes (his, others), taught me to never walk through a prop arc, no matter what. It seemed ridiculous and old fashioned to me at the time, but it has since served me well in my flying career. Kinda like "don't point it at anything you don't intend to kill"

I'm almost to the point of showing actual ingestion videos with the grizzly outcomes during training.

The mechanic who was pulled into a 737? those pictures showed chunks of meat and a mostly intact but missing flesh skull on the C1

Or pics of the guy who got run over by the main gear of a heavy.

Or the compound fractures, severed limbs, or crushed parts.

I'm almost to the point of showing actual ingestion videos with the grizzly outcomes during training.

The mechanic who was pulled into a 737? those pictures showed chunks of meat and a mostly intact but missing flesh skull on the C1

You train rampers for an airline?

I honestly don’t know if this would help. This woman ignored a briefing, a beacon, and multiple warnings. A video she watched in indoc ain’t gonna fix it. Sometimes Darwin just gonna Darwin.

I honestly don’t know if this would help. This woman ignored a briefing, a beacon, and multiple warnings. A video she watched in indoc ain’t gonna fix it. Sometimes Darwin just gonna Darwin.

Is someone is paying attention, you can spot a careless individual and have them removed from the ramp and placed on a position more appropriate, even if it's unemployment.

Having fewer people working for crap pay (and a 10 year background check) ((AND willing to work really hard on a crappy rotating shift)) means you have to settle for folks who don't belong there.... then dying.... then losing reputation, then millions of dollars..

or
ooooor....
OOOOOOORRRRRR>.......
Properly pay your frakking ramp workers.

Is someone is paying attention, you can spot a careless individual and have them removed from the ramp and placed on a position more appropriate, even if it's unemployment.

Having fewer people working for crap pay (and a 10 year background check) ((AND willing to work really hard on a crappy rotating shift)) means you have to settle for folks who don't belong there.... then dying.... then losing reputation, then millions of dollars..

or
ooooor....
OOOOOOORRRRRR>.......

I’m sorry that you don’t understand a capitalist economy and how business works.

or
ooooor....
OOOOOOORRRRRR>.......
You're not an airline pilot are you? I give zero twigs either way what you do but you have a tendency to discount a lot of peoples opinions. Tell us what you do.

Yeah, who knows.....maybe she was working sick because she had to, and was on meds that affected her awareness. We may never know what it was. But the way she died is about the most horrible thing I can imagine.

Yeah, who knows.....maybe she was working sick because she had to, and was on meds that affected her awareness. We may never know what it was. But the way she died is about the most horrible thing I can imagine.
Agree with the first part. Lots of human factors that could be in play.

Re Highlighted section - I hate to be contrarian, but at least it was quick. If you mean horrible for the others around her, yeah...

Yeah ... that really sucks.

Back