PCL TA fails

Just heard from someone on the PCL MEC:

91% participation
57% voted NO

I heard 58%, but that's probably within the margin of error. I would have liked to have seen an over 60% to give the NC a little bit more maneuvering room, but I'll take it.

We've got a management "all pilot" conference call tomorrow morning. Any guesses on what they're gonna say?

Now lets hope all the union airlines stick behind our fellow pilots at 9E and back them up. Not lowering the bar is a great thing, and its very nice to see that the 9E pilot group believes that their time is worth more then this piece of crap TA..... Nice move and give em hell!

I work for Southernjets. I didn't know that "No" was an option because we never vote that way! :) :sarcasm:

Would one of you 9E guys mind giving a rundown of this TA? Just interesting in how much of a slap in the face it was.

Would one of you 9E guys mind giving a rundown of this TA? Just interesting in how much of a slap in the face it was.

Where to start....

Okay, scope was good. Had a parent letter that basically held Pinnacle Corp to the agreement so they couldn't whipsaw us against Colgan or another bought/created airline.

Pay wasn't even a hard pay rate. It was based on an average of several other carriers' pay rates. It couldn't increase by more than 3% in a year. So, if Republic got the huge pay increase they deserve for flying 76-99 seat jets, the most we'd see is a 3% jump.

5 year duration with no COLA adjustment after that. So, there's no incentive for management not to drag their feet for an extra 4.5-5 years.....again.

Reserve days off were just 10, work rules were actually WORSE for reserves. No limit on ready reserves scheduled in a month, you only got paid for sitting ready reserve if they moved you from home reserve to ready, and they could put you BACK on reserve for up to 12 hours after the end of your previous rest period (so, if you had something like a SHV-MEM and were scheduled to be done at 7:45 am with a show in SHV of 6:30 am, they could put you back on reserve until 6:30 pm).

Long call reserve was there, but it didn't become available until the number of CA reserves were 13% and the number of FO reserves were 9%. Anything under that, and there is no long call reserve. Nothing to keep the company from sitting their reserve levels right at 13/9%. With the added rules that allow them to use their reserves more, they could potentially do this.

Dual qualification basically said if you're a -900 guy, you get -900 pay all the time. -200 guys only get -900 pay when they're flying the -900. So, a guy that's been here a year in ATL would be making more than a guy that had been in MEM/DTW/MSP for the same amount of time no matter what he was flying. Also, no protection against furloughs or downgrades since the company could get by on fewer pilots thanks to DHing the extra guys in ATL all over the system.

401k was unchanged, and the co-pays for medical insurance double over the life of the contract.

That's just all the stuff that was behind my "no" vote. There's other stuff in there as well.

Thanks Kell! Personally, I think enough is enough. We've all got nothing to lose at this point.

I know no details on the TA other than what I've read on here. But it sounds like you guys made the right decision.

Get what you deserve, plus some.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Pinnacle-Airlines-pilots-apf-3849906576.html?x=0&.v=1

Pinnacle Airlines pilots reject contract
Company: Pinnacle Airlines pilots reject agreement to amend contract
On Thursday September 24, 2009, 12:12 pm EDT

Companies:pinnacle Airlines Corp.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Pilots at regional airline operator Pinnacle Airlines have rejected an agreement to amend their contract, the company said Thursday.

The contract covers 1,250 pilots.

"We put a very generous deal on the table in keeping with our desire to fairly compensate our pilots, and we were very optimistic when the contract was presented to our pilots for a vote," said Philip H. Trenary, president and CEO of parent Pinnacle Airlines Corp. "The National Mediation Board will decide the next steps and we are hopeful that we can achieve a swift resolution."

The company said the contract agreed to between the company and pilot union negotiators would have improved compensation, benefits and work rules.

Pinnacle Airlines Corp. is the parent company of Pinnacle Airlines and Colgan Air. Its shares rose 7 cents to $6.69 in afternoon trading.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Pinnacle-Airlines-pilots-apf-3849906576.html?x=0&.v=1

Pinnacle Airlines pilots reject contract
Company: Pinnacle Airlines pilots reject agreement to amend contract
On Thursday September 24, 2009, 12:12 pm EDT

Companies:pinnacle Airlines Corp.
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Pilots at regional airline operator Pinnacle Airlines have rejected an agreement to amend their contract, the company said Thursday.

The contract covers 1,250 pilots.

"We put a very generous deal on the table in keeping with our desire to fairly compensate our pilots, and we were very optimistic when the contract was presented to our pilots for a vote," said Philip H. Trenary, president and CEO of parent Pinnacle Airlines Corp. "The National Mediation Board will decide the next steps and we are hopeful that we can achieve a swift resolution."

The company said the contract agreed to between the company and pilot union negotiators would have improved compensation, benefits and work rules.

Pinnacle Airlines Corp. is the parent company of Pinnacle Airlines and Colgan Air. Its shares rose 7 cents to $6.69 in afternoon trading.

I love how one-sided that blurb is. This is the same organization that calls its pilots in when they refuse to work on designated days off. Trenary, who proved himself to be incompetent in front of Congress in August, is probably the least credible source in the entire organization.

"Had we known what we know now, that man wouldn't have been in that seat." Funny, I think your fellow BoD members are thinking the same about you, Phil.

Philip H. Trenary

President, Chief Executive Officer and Director
Pinnacle Airlines Corp
Memphis , TN
Sector: SERVICES / Regional Airlines
Officer since April 1997

54 Years Old
Philip H. Trenary, age 54, has been a member of our Board of Directors since March 2004 and has been President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company since April 1997. Mr. Trenary was the founder of Lone Star Airlines and served as Chief Executive Officer of that company from 1984 to 1996.
Compensation for 2008
Salary $373,118.00
Bonus $236,183.00
Other Annual Compensation $0.00
Long term incentive plan payouts $0.00
Restricted stock awards $395,080.00
Security underlying options $0.00
All other compensation $11,500.00
Option awards $ $395,080.00
Non-equity incentive plan compensation $0.00
Change in pension value and nonqualified deferred compensation earnings $0.00
Total Compensation $1,410,961.00

I love how one-sided that blurb is. This is the same organization that calls its pilots in when they refuse to work on designated days off. Trenary, who proved himself to be incompetent in front of Congress in August, is probably the least credible source in the entire organization.

"Had we known what we know now, that man wouldn't have been in that seat." Funny, I think your fellow BoD members are thinking the same about you, Phil.

Philip H. Trenary

President, Chief Executive Officer and Director
Pinnacle Airlines Corp
Memphis , TN
Sector: SERVICES / Regional Airlines
Officer since April 1997

54 Years Old
Philip H. Trenary, age 54, has been a member of our Board of Directors since March 2004 and has been President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company since April 1997. Mr. Trenary was the founder of Lone Star Airlines and served as Chief Executive Officer of that company from 1984 to 1996.
Compensation for 2008
Salary $373,118.00
Bonus $236,183.00
Other Annual Compensation $0.00
Long term incentive plan payouts $0.00
Restricted stock awards $395,080.00
Security underlying options $0.00
All other compensation $11,500.00
Option awards $ $395,080.00
Non-equity incentive plan compensation $0.00
Change in pension value and nonqualified deferred compensation earnings $0.00
Total Compensation $1,410,961.00