Pan Am Diaspora?

Well Pure-IMC, it looks like you were in the SOUP when you read the thread. The thread say's "a few of them were in the middle of their CFI". Yes it is true. I was in the office the day they came in. Pretty soon Pan-Am isn't going to have any students left. Out in Phoenix they all defect across the parking lot to Worstwind Aviation (unfortunatley for the Pan-Am defects in Phoenix Worstwind is the only school close to Pan-Am) and here in Florida they all defect to Flight Safety. If you haven't noticed people rarely leave Flight Safety unhappy. I know of one girl about 5-6 months ago who left FSA and she had like 30+ yellow sheets or "Unsatisfactory Lessons to do over". She complained that FSA was too hard. I think she simply chose the wrong career field. She ended up at Worstwind in Phoenix. I am sure their lack of standards and procedures will make her life a little easier. If you are going to remember one thing from this thread, remember this... Flight Safety sets the standards for the rest to follow. ILS

[ QUOTE ]
uh-oh...maybe Chunk doesn't have an ulterior motive...maybe this is a common topic in this neck of the woods...funny, all of the folks supporting Chunk go to either Pan Am or FSI and none of the people (well, maybe turk) do.

Dudes...it really was just an honest question. Maybe cime_sp was correct in saying I wasn't eloquent, but hey, that doesn't make my question inflammatory or invalid.

Chunk

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi there, I'm new to this whole thing, but Chunk, why did you even bother posting this in the PanAm forum? You can't honestly think that by asking this question here it would be taken as anything other than inflammatory do you? I'm not trying to attack you, but what's the point? Are you trying to rub it in their faces?

I checked into several other schools before settling on FSA, which I am very happy with, but I just don't see the benefit of taunting other schools with the "my school is better than your school" bit. That just breeds an air of elitism that I don't believe belongs in any commercial industry, especially aviation.

I may not think that PanAm is a great school, but aren't we all after a common goal here?

[ QUOTE ]
If you are going to remember one thing from this thread, remember this... Flight Safety sets the standards for the rest to follow. ILS

[/ QUOTE ]

You should post this in every flight school forum that way everyone will know which school they should attend. Just remember all of you that don't attend FS are followers. There is only one way to fly everyone, and that is Flight Safety’s way. Pun intended.

cime,

The original post was not inflammatory. The post you quoted was. I asked an honest, valid question and got jumped on by people who aren't in the area and don't see what I was basing the original question on. Everyone who is in the area (vero/ft. pierce) has defended me because they've seen it themselves. If you're a FSI guy, you've seen it yourself. I wasn't trying to taunt anyone originally, just ask a simple question.

Chunk

This all boils down to the point that you all understand what I'm getting at. You all understood what I meant, so let's wrap it up and move on.

This is almost like the scene from the movie "Clerks" when the "Chewley's Gum" stands in front of the counter talking to smokers!

What's hard to understand? It's kinda like the Coast Guard....they aren't really the military, but the salute, have rank, and play with small guns.

wink.gif
Chunk

hell, that's nothing. you should see the senecas that are outfitted with the no smoking and fasten you seatbelts lights!

Chunk,
I didnt intend my response to your post about the definition of "Diaspora" to be an attack on you. I just thought the word was a little strong, my appologies. As for the ongoing debate about how lowsy Pan Am is... I am living proof that Pan Am can deliver what was advertised. Read my post's on the THEFLYINGTURKEY sieries I started. To sum up all of my post's, in 4 months I have completed private, instrument, private-multi, and CRM. I am right on schedule to finish at the advertised time. I dunno, maybe it's me. Maybe I am an above average student. I dont think I am. I keep out of all the politics. As my private/instrument instructor told me on the first day, "stay out of all the politics, concentrate on your training, and you'll make it just fine." I took his advice, and I am doing great.
I will say that the Fort Pierce campus, and the Phoenix campus are run by completely different management. The training syllabus and training styles are different. I have not encountered, some of the problems reported at Phoenix, here at Fort Pierce. My training has been accelerated, I have not had to wait more than 1 day for a stage check, or more than 3 days for a checkride. As soon as I finish 1 rating, ground school is scheduled to start within 5 days for the next rating. There is no waiting around for the next class to start.
Now I start the multi-engine LOFT portion of the training. The "fun" part. That takes up to 4 weeks to complete 80 hours, then I start commercial single. A lot of people may not like it at Pan Am for whatever reason, I so far, happen to like it. But Im not biased, am I?

The Turk.

Back