Overdue aircraft in AZ

Words cannot describe how I feel everytime I read about a fellow aviator passing away in an accident. Call me sentimental but sometimes I find myself tearing up when reading about these accidents knowing full well that I have been extremely blessed flying through questionable weather, doing dumb things when I was naive and low time, and flat out lucky when the chips were down (ie engines failing). Mr. Gann was certainly wiser than I will ever be when he titled his book "Fate is the Hunter". I hope each and every one of us can make peace with our own mortality. RIP

There are some of us who are local, as well. Derg, MikeD, Maximillian_Jenius along with myself are local. There are a few whom I am forgetting. Give us a shout if you need anything. My condolences.

Looking at Pilot980 's profile, his birthday would have been in 4 days. Terrible. :(

There are some of us who are local, as well. @Derg, @MikeD, @Maximillian_Jenius along with myself are local. There are a few whom I am forgetting. Give us a shout if you need anything. My condolences.

Absolutely.

And we've been down this road far too many times.

We have some tools to help you through losing a friend to aviation.

The absolute best thing you can do is charge forward, learn all you can from the accident and fold those lessons into your flying.

This is rough. :(

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of one of our own in this forum... and in the aviation community in general. It's never a good thing to lose a fellow aviator.

Godspeed, and prayers to their friends and families.

Bob

So sorry to hear about your friend and fellow Jetcareers member! May God be with their families and friends during this time.

We are very sorry to hear this news. Please let us know if you need anything from us.

There are some of us who are local, as well. Derg, MikeD, Maximillian_Jenius along with myself are local. There are a few whom I am forgetting. Give us a shout if you need anything. My condolences.

Looking at Pilot980 's profile, his birthday would have been in 4 days. Terrible. :(

All you guys are great, I seriously appreciate it. Derg, you have created such an amazing place for a community like this to offer support, knowledge, and wisdom. I rarely post here but am around daily for the reading and it is by far the best aviation forum on the web. This is testament to that, everyone coming together to mourn the loss of our own. As cut throat as this industry is, it's something special to see the support offered here in times like this.

Absolutely.

And we've been down this road far too many times.

We have some tools to help you through losing a friend to aviation.

The absolute best thing you can do is charge forward, learn all you can from the accident and fold those lessons into your flying.

I completely agree, everything happens for a reason.

Sorry to hear about your loss Cass, and I'll certainly say a prayer for the families of those involved...it's never good to hear about a plane going down with fatalities, but it cuts even deeper when it's someone who apart of this little part of the aviation community that for a good many of us, is our "internet home" or "crashpad".

Fair skies and tailwinds Pilot980...

Words cannot describe how I feel everytime I read about a fellow aviator passing away in an accident. Call me sentimental but sometimes I find myself tearing up when reading about these accidents knowing full well that I have been extremely blessed flying through questionable weather, doing dumb things when I was naive and low time, and flat out lucky when the chips were down (ie engines failing). Mr. Gann was certainly wiser than I will ever be when he titled his book "Fate is the Hunter". I hope each and every one of us can make peace with our own mortality. RIP

At least you feel stuff. You don't want to get to the numbness point I am where it been so many times, it almost feels routine. Am somewhere near 40 of numbers of personal friends lost. And its only going to keep growing.

For this accident, from what little preliminary information there is, barring any obvious evidence, it might unfortunately turn into one of those where the only witnesses are now deceased, and with no FDR, CVR, or known radio call (to date); most actionable evidence or factors may never be known.

If Im not mistaken, the deceased poster....pilot980....once related in a post an accident he witnessed just after it occurred at KFFZ.

I've said it before: When your number is up, your number is up. Could happen anywhere, doing anything; and there's really nothing you can do about it. The grim reaper of aviation WILL come and take you away at a time and place of his choosing, and he does so with neither prejudice, nor favoritism.

I've said it before: When your number is up, your number is up. Could happen anywhere, doing anything; and there's really nothing you can do about it. The grim reaper of aviation WILL come and take you away at a time and place of his choosing, and he does so with neither prejudice, nor favoritism.

I don't want to "like" this post, as it feels inappropriate ... but it absolutely deserves a nod.

When your number is up, it's up.

-Fox

Rest in peace Taylor! It was nice working with you. I would never forget the last conversation we had. Those check flights were described as easy. Just seat up there, stay quiet and watch the student perform. Now I see how costly that flight can be.

I am awfully sorry to hear about the loss of your friend guys. I will definitely keep you and the families in my prayers. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back