our options...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I probably wouldn't be too interested in sleeping at the Sahara. I prefer a nicer hotel when I'm on my own time. The company puts me in enough old dingy hotel rooms on their time.
I do too....but i like to stay where ever the group is staying so it's all just a bed for me. We learned early on that when you don't stay where most of the group is staying, you do a lot of running around and that's not fun.

I try to get as nice a rooms but inexpensive as possible (like the monte carlo last year) since most who attend are regional pilots and/or CFI's but i can't please everyone. I'll tell ya what... it was a royal treat to stay in the bellagio suite for a night 2 years in a row!! probably never do that one again...oh well... :D

I tried to get the Marriott to host our meeting but apparently they don't have enough space for us...why the marriott? cuz we have reward points duh! could you imagine how many more reward points we could rack up by having the gig held at the Marriott? oh well, another time, another town, another JC event!! haha

I'd love to stay at PH... I really liked it to....I'm just thinking that not everyone can afford $179/night. Even I think that's a bit too high....

I wouldn't mind getting everyone group rate rooms at both Sahara and PH but they'd have to be filled....that's where the group problem comes into play.

$179 is a bit too high for me this year:( I do want to stay where everyone else is staying though. The Sahara, albeit probably a bit more dingy roomwise than even the Excalibur, seems to have the all around appeal for the average young regional pilot, CFI, wannabe; cheap rooms, cheap tables, cheap transportation, and if we can find some cheap women....hey even Tony would be down! badaaaa Bing! :sarcasm:

I know you demand the best Tony:buck:

The unfortunate part of traveling with a large group is having to lock up rooms so early, and at such a high rate. Last year the room rates dropped leading up to the event.

yea... i got quoted $55/night for group rooms at the Sahara... BUT....if we go that route, i don't want to see anyone complaining and/or splitting rooms because we'll need to book at least 50 if not more...if we don't book the entire amount, they'll want to charge us more for the meeting space in order to even out the costs...

the neat thing is that we'd be able to have the meeting space ALL day for the 3 days....so we could use them for more than just the roundtables and/or job fair....we could host Movie Hour or who knows what! HAHA

can i share a room with jtrain? i mean, we will be married by then! :nana2:

ok, we've got the sahara for monday and tuesday...

I'll start working on PH or MGM for next years event :nana2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back