our options...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't send an RFP back to me, so i'm assuming their probably booked or too juicy for our $$. :)

I mean, the flamingo ain't all that and they wanted $15K...dang!!!

Kristie, I'm in the middle of a big project at work, but if you send me all of the specifics, I'll try to make a few phone calls tomorrow. I'll send my contact info via PM.

<offtopic>

SkyCougar, I love your signature. That's easily one of my favorite Led songs.

Took my chances on a big jet plane,
Never let them tell you that theyre all the same.

</offtopic>

How about The Mirage or NY NY.
again, no RFP (Request for Proposal) which typically means they're already booked or don't want our tiny little group (compared to others that have thousands and thousands of people).

Kristie, I'm in the middle of a big project at work, but if you send me all of the specifics, I'll try to make a few phone calls tomorrow. I'll send my contact info via PM.
I'm doing all the proposals through the LV Convention Center...I'm pretty sure they would have already send everything to everyone and so i've only heard back from some who can and some who can't.

If you want to try, you can...but it'd probably be the same end result, i'm thinking?

<offtopic>

SkyCougar, I love your signature. That's easily one of my favorite Led songs.

Took my chances on a big jet plane,
Never let them tell you that theyre all the same.

</offtopic>

It's one of my all-time favorite Led Zep songs as well, and it went well with my hippie chick avatar, but I changed that tonight to a photo of one of my local beaches. I'll have to come up with a new quote, although I guess since my current avatar is a photo of a Marin Beach, it still works! :)

I'm doing all the proposals through the LV Convention Center...I'm pretty sure they would have already send everything to everyone and so i've only heard back from some who can and some who can't.

If you want to try, you can...but it'd probably be the same end result, i'm thinking?

Might be, but you would be amazed at how slow they can be about getting back to you if you don't follow up with phone calls. I sent my contact info at work via PM. I'd be happy to make a couple of phone calls tomorrow.

Maybe we forget the expense of large lavish Vegas hotels, and just hold Network JC 2008 at Doug and Kristie's house. I'm sure they have space, and it'll be cheaper all round. Just bring a keg each.

If the MGM thing could work out that would be great....guess I'll have to wait till 2009 hehe. That said, they have an AMAZING spa (even thougH I know that is not what we are there for :p ) How about the Venetian :) ...worth a try anyways!

Maybe we forget the expense of large lavish Vegas hotels, and just hold Network JC 2008 at Doug and Kristie's house. I'm sure they have space, and it'll be cheaper all round. Just bring a keg each.
I already mentioned that.... and we could do that BUT it would be in phx since we don't have a house in las...so that's where the big stumper there is.

I mean, we do have the community building that we could rent out for the roundtables...but i doubt everyone wants to come to phx for this...and unfortunately, our house would be out of bounds as far as activity locations go (we really don't want *everyone* knowing where we live).

oh btw.. if we were to hold it at the Bellagio again, they would require *everyone* to stay at the hotel. i'd have to have at least 150 rooms booked. i'm thinking that ain't gonna happen......

The problem with anywhere besides Vegas (especially a place like PHX) is you run into transport issues. Phoenix is impossible to get around without a car. Not only do you have the added cost of renting a car, it would be out of reach for some of the sub-21 year old members.

Planet Hollywood seems to be a great place, I think I am gonna stay there this time!!!

Everybody who stays there keeps saying good stuff about them.

I'll stay where you choose. It doesn't matter to me.

Now, the one thing I'd like to do is get people to Ghost Bar. That place was way cool. I liked it.

yea... the palms was too expensive to rent....and i just got an email from PH for group rates and they can get us 50 rooms for $179/night which i think is just too high for our group.

The Sahara is in play now too....they might be a great option!

The Sahara isn't too bad. It's slightly older, but not shabby. The best part is the Monorail runs right to the hotel (you just have to be awake to get off of it:))

The Sahara isn't too bad. It's slightly older, but not shabby. The best part is the Monorail runs right to the hotel (you just have to be awake to get off of it:))

I've stayed at the Sahara and it's not too bad. Don't expect luxury like the Monte Carlo and other mid-Strip hotels thought.
Best thing is the cheaper stakes, especially on Craps and Pai-Gow poker.

Rates at The Sahara (10/19-10/22)

Std. Room $58/per night

Dlx. Room $68/per night

Suites $180/per night

(Sat. night 10/18 is about double the rate)

yea... the palms was too expensive to rent....and i just got an email from PH for group rates and they can get us 50 rooms for $179/night which i think is just too high for our group.

That's high. I think I paid $79 for my room at the PH for NJC '07.

That's high. I think I paid $79 for my room at the PH for NJC '07.

That is indeed a very high price. I just priced RT air (MSP) and 3 nights at PH and the total price was $476/per person. Their group rate (for the rooms) is more than my package price including air....Not a good deal at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back