OUCH! I hate politicians...

He's talking about the onboard meal. I'd trust what comes out of an airline catering kitchen in Korea long before I'd trust a Subway Sandwich from somewhere in Gangnam.

People that eat Subway presuming it's safe are morons. It's always the fresh, uncooked vegetables that "get" you, especially lettuce and tomato.

People that eat Subway presuming it's safe are morons. It's always the fresh, uncooked vegetables that "get" you, especially lettuce and tomato.
Sage wisdom from St. Anthony Bourdain:

If you’re in a place that looks sketchy, order meat.

Also, many restaurants and restaurant workers treat the food safety guidelines as some sort of suggestion. How many places do you go where the worker uses the same gloves to make your food, then handle your credit card or cash, look at their phone, then make the next order with the same gloves? Very rarely do I see anyone use gloves properly. If they can’t get that part right….

Grew up in the food industry. We had onsite USDA inspection, and we weren’t a big operator at all.

Cleanliness was absolute top priority. You could literally eat off the floor after the daily cleaning cycle. Anything that was even attached to something that might touch product was sterilized and swabbed for QC, and that included the underside of the tables & equipment.

My old man didn’t believe in nepotism, so I got whatever shift was leftover after the regular employees chose, and that meant the 9pm - 5am shift, which included the cleaning cycle. Nothing like rolling home at 6 am covered in meat bits and hot bleach solution.

Grew up in the food industry. We had onsite USDA inspection, and we weren’t a big operator at all.

Cleanliness was absolute top priority. You could literally eat off the floor after the daily cleaning cycle. Anything that was even attached to something that might touch product was sterilized and swabbed for QC, and that included the underside of the tables & equipment.

My old man didn’t believe in nepotism, so I got whatever shift was leftover after the regular employees chose, and that meant the 9pm - 5am shift, which included the cleaning cycle. Nothing like rolling home at 6 am covered in meat bits and hot bleach solution.

Isn’t that the best? My dad was my baseball coach most years growing up. I got to do whatever everyone else didn’t want and got yelled at way way more than everyone.

Isn’t that the best? My dad was my baseball coach most years growing up. I got to do whatever everyone else didn’t want and got yelled at way way more than everyone.

In a way it worked out. I’m a night owl anyway, and I think that it made a positive impression, and the employees I worked with were great, so I didn’t really mind.

Except the cleaning part. That sucked ass.

Back