OUCH! I hate politicians...

dustoff17

Still trying to reach the Top Shelf
During a hearing regarding amendments to Minnesota’s safe and sick time law, first officer Laura Haynor introduced herself as a pilot for Delta. In his immediate response, state senator Gene Dornink asked her about her typical week as a stewardess.

During a hearing regarding amendments to Minnesota’s safe and sick time law, first officer Laura Haynor introduced herself as a pilot for Delta. In his immediate response, state senator Gene Dornink asked her about her typical week as a stewardess.

I watched that video a few days ago, and I'm going to be honest—from my experience, that sort of thing isn't accidental. It's what you hear referred to as a "microaggression." From his facial expression and tone, I feel that he knew exactly what he was doing.

It was pretty gross.

Ugh. I have an idea to eliminate career politicians. A type of lottery where the state pulls names, similar to how they random-select folks for jury duty. Each person should be over the age of 25 and no older than 65, and at that point they must serve a paid two-year term as a representative for the state then they are out and never get picked again. The work can be done remote from home.

Ugh. I have an idea to eliminate career politicians. A type of lottery where the state pulls names, similar to how they random-select folks for jury duty. Each person should be over the age of 25 and no older than 65, and at that point they must serve a paid two-year term as a representative for the state then they are out and never get picked again. The work can be done remote from home.
I literally described almost the same system to someone a few years back. I think it could actually do a lot of good.

Introducing the representative from Florida…
1710537695450.gif

I agree we need a change from our current career politicians, but I don’t think that’s the right way to go. Could you imagine me getting selected for California? There would be some pissed off people. :)

As for this guy, I think he was just zoned out. And a natural bias of pilots (93% men, 7% women) led him to believe she was a FA. I don’t think these politicians are truly listening when the commoners speak.

I agree we need a change from our current career politicians, but I don’t think that’s the right way to go. Could you imagine me getting selected for California? There would be some pissed off people. :)

As for this guy, I think he was just zoned out. And a natural bias of pilots (93% men, 7% women) led him to believe she was a FA. I don’t think these politicians are truly listening when the commoners speak.

I think that they need DEI in Congress!

Triggered.

Just saw the video. This dude definitely said this on purpose.

We could name this new lottery The Democracy Draw followed by the year.

That's not how this country works, I agree the system has been perverted but just putting random folks into the seats deciding on laws seems idiotic. I never thought Mike Judge would be as prescient as Orwell but here we are.

Dornink? More like Senator Dork, amirite?

Intentional or not, it was a bonor move. But he could have been a bigger dork, too. Both a colleague on the committee and Pilat Haynor corrected him and his immediate response was "I'm sorry, I don't know why I said that [but yeah we do]."

I know it's Minnesota, but "sorry" here is still better than "right, continuing-on...". And after a brief review of his press and voting records, he does not appear to be one of those brain-wormed tear-it-all-down kind of Republicans.

For sure! Per your thread title, this is obviously ALL politicians. From that logic, I'll just quip that I hate people who hate politicians. OUCH, indeed!

BTW, wasn't stereotyping-as-a-bad-thing kinda yer whole gag here?

One of "i'm not comfortable flying unless I see a strong jaw'd white guy up front" types I see....
You didn't have the courage to reply directly to anyone while making a VERY personal statement, so I'm going out on an only 3-6 inch thick limb here, but...
Uh, did you actually READ what I said??

To your apparently equally ineptly gathered assumption... the answer is a definitive NO.

See your optometrist at your earliest convenience.

Back