Orange Theory Fitness

You can’t out exercise a bad diet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh you’d be surprised, but it will take a significant amount of semi-destructive training to hit that point. But not everybody is training to be Batman/Ninjas like some people.

The only thing truly holding back our fitness training in Iraq was the garbage diet we were put on in our more austere locations.

You should check out what place the Coyotes are in this year.

Let's just say I spotted for one of the Coyotes a few years ago and literally had no idea who it was after someone told me.

I also took a big nasty asparagus pee during a charter right before the NY Rangers goalie went in and didn't blink an eye.

I'm a HUUUUGE hockey fan! :)

So low carb diets don’t work in your estimation?

Low carb diet is a very simplistic and wide net to cast in the general desire people are seeking when they “get into fitness.”

It’s kinda the “If I only can do one thing” or try to pack years of fitness and metabolic study into a simple list of commandments for the general population this works, cut carbs and you’ll see results. I can tell you from having engaged in a number of different survival, training, and fitness requirements a no/low carb diet when applied to the laymen will 3/5 times achieve what most people want. That said, any dietitian or fitness trainer will tell you there is no substitution for a personally tailored dietary program that is matched against a specific physical training regime.

Simply put, if you do most things the average person does (spend a lot of time off your feet and when on them be at 40% effort) yeah go cut out carbs and get your body to burn proteins and healthy sugars. If I put you into some of the other training regimes with a diet that cuts out carbs or starches though... you’ll be dead (metaphorically). But you need to be matching that against a very high output training program.

Last edited:
F that.

If people want to skip leg day that’s fine. One less person I’ve gotta wait on to do dead lifts.

That's why I love having a trainer. "GET OFF YOUR IPHONE AND STEP OFF THE EQUIPMENT" :)

I also took a big nasty asparagus pee during a charter right before the NY Rangers goalie went in and didn't blink an eye.
Haha if you've ever smelled hockey gear, your asparagus micturition extract probably smelled of a nice fragrance to him.

Haha if you've ever smelled hockey gear, your asparagus micturition extract probably smelled of a nice fragrance to him.
We’re talking NHL goalies. They only smell it in the five minutes it takes them to take everything off and hang it in the stall. The equipment managers on the other hand... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I can do NHL charters 8 ways to Friday. NBA, meh. I had a copilot during my last NBA charter who had the hots for LeBron so intense that I had to fly and work the radio because she kept stuttering. Ha!

My brother owns a gym that doesn't use any weights. They specialize in Spartan Warrior/American Ninja style training doing stuff that is mostly body weight. His fitness level is insane (borderline sick imo lol). But I found this kind of stuff to be much more fun and just as physically and more mentally demanding than any normal gym. If you can find one like that around you I'd recommend checking it out.

http://excelfitnesscenter.com/

I did OTF for about 6 months and loved it until I busted up my foot. Now I go to a one on some personal training Gym. Its mostly body weight workouts and a trainer is always there to tell you if you're not getting the form right. Now I just need to actually eat better since that's really what it takes lol.

Let's just say I spotted for one of the Coyotes a few years ago and literally had no idea who it was after someone told me.

I'm a HUUUUGE hockey fan! :)

Yea right. Brothers don't like water. Doesn't matter if it is frozen or not..... ;-)

I’d recommend Jeff Cavaliere’s Athlean-X. He’s got an advanced degree in Physical therapy, was the PT for the Mets for years, uses science for all his stuff and if you don’t want to pay he uploads a ton of good tips and ideas on YouTube. I just paid the $97 for one of his full programs and it’s loaded with good info. Swaps for home or gym workouts, variety, and he’s also not a fan of CrossFit. Worth the money IMO if you want direction and guidance.

I recently discovered Orange Theory Fitness (OTF) and I joined up back in November. It's basically an instructor guided, heart rate monitored, bootcamp style, interval training class that lasts about an hour. It is very high intensity, but you can go at your own pace and listen to your body. The instructor/trainer is there to guide you and help you do the workout correctly.

So, how did you do on OTF over this last year?

Back