Opinions

I write out all the words in the clearance, and then build a diagram with my 2nd and 3rd tray of breakfast fruits and proteins. But it is always a disappointment because none of our captains carry star stickers to reward me.

I don’t give out stars. I will on occasion give out a sticker from my local brewery, however. And also high fives. Lots of high fives.

I don’t give out stars. I will on occasion give out a sticker from my local brewery, however. And also high fives. Lots of high fives.

Perhaps we can buddy bid. I love beer and hi fives (or even a lo five)

edit: step two of my post landing flow, after verifying the spoilers and flaps are retracted, is offering up a big hi five to the big guy. If they try and snub me, I blackmail them with the APU start. But sometimes they are a "wait until 60 seconds before the gate" person, which just means that it is awkward for an additional few mins until they finally relent, and I can then turn off the two light switches I own, whatever they power. "Hey man, my left hand is awkwardly on the mic switch, asking ramp for spot 66 inbound once every 3 seconds, I can't do anything else until you acknowledge how much aviation I just made while you flipped weird switches at 18k and mumbled some stuff nobody heard. If you are busy with the tiller, I'll accept a hand hug"

Last edited:
I usually do a / for hold short and a + for cross. But I’m also weird and use the highlight function on Jepp to freehand write the clearance down on the chart.

Cool. This is pretty much what I came up with trying to figure it out. Thanks!

I’m a maniac. Hold short is / and cross is // in the scratch pad. If I’m writing it on paper it’s still an / but when I get cleared to cross I just put an \ through to make an x.

Ever since watching Bullet Train,, I want to carry Thomas Tank Engine stickers and start labeling people. Oh you’re a Percy. And you, you’re a Diesel. The absolute *%#*^#% worst. LOL

Lemon and Tangerine nailed their roles. :bounce:

Perhaps we can buddy bid. I love beer and hi fives (or even a lo five)

edit: step two of my post landing flow, after verifying the spoilers and flaps are retracted, is offering up a big hi five to the big guy. If they try and snub me, I blackmail them with the APU start. But sometimes they are a "wait until 60 seconds before the gate" person, which just means that it is awkward for an additional few mins until they finally relent, and I can then turn off the two light switches I own, whatever they power. "Hey man, my left hand is awkwardly on the mic switch, asking ramp for spot 66 inbound once every 3 seconds, I can't do anything else until you acknowledge how much aviation I just made while you flipped weird switches at 18k and mumbled some stuff nobody heard. If you are busy with the tiller, I'll accept a hand hug"

I’ve taken the liberty of changing your schedule around so we can fly together. Cherokee gave me your login info. I’ll see you in Fairbanks.

I forgot to mention that sometimes I too, mix 31 up with 4. But to be fair, 3+1 does equal 4.

That math checks.

1674172574804.png

Is this some strange Eagle name for a handshake?

Oh you must google it. Visualize a high five, both people using same hand. But it is a gentle touch, followed by both participants curling their thumbs around the other’s hand. Hand hug. You’re welcome and Mahalo :)

Oh you must google it. Visualize a high five, both people using same hand. But it is a gentle touch, followed by both participants curling their thumbs around the other’s hand. Hand hug. You’re welcome and Mahalo :)

Oh god... that can't be unseen.

Back