Opinions

In the Citations, you could hold the TCS button down and click the trip or AP disconnect and it would silently turn it off...

I love watching people click the auto throttle disconnect with both thumb and pinky at the same time. Seems to disconnect ~flawlessly~ every time I just use my thumb.
Also, seeing folks clicking auto throttle disconnect a dozen time and still get the noise.

Honestly, who cares if the autopilot disconnect sounds or not.
EDIT: By this I mean why do some people have a compulsion to make sure it doesn't sound and use all sorts of weirdo techniques to shut it off.

Last edited:
I mean i don't mind that it sounds... I agree with you its reassuring the system *is* working.

I think it sounds pretty cool.

I think I'd wiffleball bat a pilot who did that to avoid the "calvary charge" followed by the reversion triple-click.

AP Off and EMER cancel was responsible for masking the parking brake on landing for JetBlue at SMF.

I had a crew that didn't understand the use of EMER cancel that had a cargo heat nuisance ECAM.

I inquired why they didn't user EMER cancel and the captain said "I don't trust it".

Meanwhile, they're on arrival, ECAM chimes, the nonflying pilot robotically clears it, assuming it's the cargo heat nuisance ECAM… and it was something else entirely that needed to be addressed".

After block-in: "I'd like to share some observations about systems knowledge and ECAM procedures…"

Back