opening that can of worms again

Wannabe2

so since the debates here on the DCA thread have slowed down considerably for the last couple days i thought i would bring this up...

in doing some reading for my stagecheck class, yes, i am going over to the "dark side" i was reminded of reg 141.23. it clearly states that, "The holder of a pilot school certificate or a provisional pilot school certificate may not make any statement relating to its certification and ratings that is false or designed to mislead any person contemplating enrollment in that school."

so for all of you DCA marketing "bashers" out there, if you really want to help those potential students of DCA not get "taken for a ride" then you should definitely report this "issue" to the FAA and have them take a look.... just a thought. i really don't think the FAA will find anything wrong. they haven't so far apparently....

I don't think you have to woory about that as long as Mr. Azma has the school's FAA pass rate by the balls.

[ QUOTE ]
so since the debates here on the DCA thread have slowed down considerably for the last couple days i thought i would bring this up...

in doing some reading for my stagecheck class, yes, i am going over to the "dark side" i was reminded of reg 141.23. it clearly states that, "The holder of a pilot school certificate or a provisional pilot school certificate may not make any statement relating to its certification and ratings that is false or designed to mislead any person contemplating enrollment in that school."

so for all of you DCA marketing "bashers" out there, if you really want to help those potential students of DCA not get "taken for a ride" then you should definitely report this "issue" to the FAA and have them take a look.... just a thought. i really don't think the FAA will find anything wrong. they haven't so far apparently....

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that Comair is doing anything so blatant as to get caught by the FAA. They just practice shady marketing strategies.

I don't necessarily want to steer students away from any school. Anyone who decides to go to a school should do so with open eyes. If someone goes to Comair knowing all the facts, then more power to them.

G

Wannabe2

The key words in that reg are "...relating to it's certification and ratings...". Basically that means that I can't go around advertising that DCA has self examining authority in the Commercial ASEL course (we don't) nor that we have a 141 approved MEI course (at least not last April- although we're working on one). It strictly regulates statements we can make about our 141 certification and nothing else.

chris,

a reasonable point, but i could certainly argue that DCA does claim that if you complete all of those ratings here and interview and get hired and do 800 hours of dual given per the contract that you will get an interview etc. good point however.....

Philosopher,

I couldn't agree more about going in with open eyes. Perhaps someone here should put together a list of quesitons to ask any school or FBO before they attend...

Of course, it's not that I'm trying to argue against that point! I can hardly say the program didn't work for me.....I start class with Chautauqua on Nov. 29th
grin.gif

Out of about 16 Instructors in broward, I'm the 12th to go to the airline this year.

[ QUOTE ]
Philosopher,

I couldn't agree more about going in with open eyes. Perhaps someone here should put together a list of quesitons to ask any school or FBO before they attend...

[/ QUOTE ]that's a really great idea...hasn't something like that already been done though?

Chris... Congrats!! You'll be in class with one of my old CSEL instructors who is finishing here (SFB) Friday. Good luck to you and keep us posted on how the transition goes.

Thanks. I won't have a computer up there in training, but I'm sure I'll have more then enough time on reserve to write an account!

Back