One way to give the Q400 to Republic

Seggy

A Lufthansa (according to amorris311) aircraft hit a Q400 sitting on the ramp.

So who thinks the Lufthansa Crew, Colgan Crew, ATC, ramp controllers, taxiway line painters, airport commission, etc. be fired for this?

image-3177802413.jpg

SteveCostello said:
I think the engineers at Bombardier should be fired for making the tail a few feet too high.

Some people on here I truly believe think that.

They should have gone on google maps to see how far they'd be from the centerline. Fire them. People could have died.

A good reason to be up to speed on the visual cues for where the wingtips track.

Oh and uhh, FIRED.

I don't care what this investigation comes up. Fire those pilots. Both the Colgan crew and the Lufthansa crew. No excuse. You're a 121 pilot.

nc1982 said:
I don't care what this investigation comes up. Fire those pilots. Both the Colgan crew and the Lufthansa crew. No excuse. You're a 121 pilot.

Forgot to sign it - jhugz

My bad. That Colgan first officer should have had his airport diagram out while preflighting. Or at the very least know how much wing tip clearances there are between taxiways in Dulles. Unacceptable 121 behavior. Where's the FAA?

Do you rotor heads even look for them?

When landing on a runway or taxiway, yeah.

In fact last night I was doing my annual NVG checkride - one of the maneuvers is a roll on landing. Touched down on centerline but on the roll out drifted right. Our tail wheel is locked for landing and while we can get a little directional control with it locked, you don't get much. The guy giving me the ride chided me for getting off the line but if you stomp on the pedal you can easily break the lock pin which is far more chide-able than drifting during a roll out. Far more embarrassing in my community is parking off the centerline. I've started taking pictures of my PI's (co-pilots) parking jobs. SO far this is the worst:

Tailwheel.jpg

When landing on a runway or taxiway, yeah.

In fact last night I was doing my annual NVG checkride - one of the maneuvers is a roll on landing. Touched down on centerline but on the roll out drifted right. Our tail wheel is locked for landing and while we can get a little directional control with it locked, you don't get much. The guy giving me the ride chided me for getting off the line but if you stomp on the pedal you can easily break the lock pin which is far more chide-able than drifting during a roll out. Far more embarrassing in my community is parking off the centerline. I've started taking pictures of my PI's (co-pilots) parking jobs. SO far this is the worst:

View attachment 21332
And it looks like the blackhawk is crying in shame.

The cleaning crew came to clean the house today, but instead of cleaning anything, they just took a massive crap in the middle of the kitchen floor and then smeared it on the walls. Who thinks they should get fired for this? I doubt they intended to do this when they woke up... and really why should anyone be held accountable for their actions that cost a ton of money to clean up? No one died right? I mean my blind grandmother eats off those floors and the whole reason I hired them was so that she doesn't get salmonella.

Back