One way to give the Q400 to Republic

I misjudged my speed going around an on-ramp and wiped out a guard rail, but I shouldn't have to pay the state for that or get a ticket for excessive speed right?

When landing on a runway or taxiway, yeah.

In fact last night I was doing my annual NVG checkride - one of the maneuvers is a roll on landing. Touched down on centerline but on the roll out drifted right. Our tail wheel is locked for landing and while we can get a little directional control with it locked, you don't get much. The guy giving me the ride chided me for getting off the line but if you stomp on the pedal you can easily break the lock pin which is far more chide-able than drifting during a roll out. Far more embarrassing in my community is parking off the centerline. I've started taking pictures of my PI's (co-pilots) parking jobs. SO far this is the worst:

View attachment 21332

IIRC, runway and taxiway centerlines are 'Warrant Officer Lines', ie, no Warrant Officer shall deviate from them.
If the Commissioned Officers get relatively near enough them that we don't have to move the aircraft with a tug later, we were happy. :D

What good would it do to have a moving violation on my record? It was an honest mistake.
I agree. And when you plow into my blind grandmother going around a 4 way with ped x-ing at 45mph, it won't be your fault because hey, we can all make that mistake.

I thought I drank 2 beers with dinner, but I actually had 3. Got pulled over and blew a .11 and got a DUI. I SWEAR I only had 2 drinks though, so I'm good right?

You guys remind me of a guy that would go around taking pictures of planes that were being unloaded without a tail stand, then send it to the CP. Real joys to work with.

Well it IS a troll thread. We're just trolling. I can take a bit of ribbing and I suspect it can be received on the other end. If not, well then that's just really sad and pathetic.

I thought I drank 2 beers with dinner, but I actually had 3. Got pulled over and blew a .11 and got a DUI. I SWEAR I only had 2 drinks though, so I'm good right?
Easy mistake. Not your fault. It's the brewery's fault for not telling you that the IPA you drank was 9% abv.

I'm not sure what's going on here, but I'm pretty sure all 121 pilot should be fired.

That goes double for Dough.

Seggy started this troll thread as a continuation of the Silver thread. So we're trolling extra hard. Whatever, trolling is good times! Haha

Whatever the case I know that everyone on JC is a paragon of personal Virtue. And I'll be damned if that isn't a relief.

Back