on networking.

Hey "Joe", no worries, you won't have any problems. The integrity and responsibility you show with your family, and what you have gained from your time in CAP, you are good to go. Plus, I know you'll be set where you are already training!

PS - I'd help you out however I can when the time comes!

Clothing does count. So does your attitude, how you present yourself, things you say... everything. There are exceptions... but it ALL really counts nonetheless. I know this for a FACT, from spending much time rubbing shoulders with a few airline recruiters.

Present yourself in a positive light at all times. One thing to remember though, is that although you may fool them once, your true character will come out at some point. You can't just put on a good show... you have to live by it.

[ QUOTE ]
professionalism does not hinge on what someone is wearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope but it does help open the door, which is my point.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
professionalism does not hinge on what someone is wearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope but it does help open the door, which is my point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wholeheartedly agree Eagle. But there are always exceptions to the rule.

Thanks FlyChicaga
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I wholeheartedly agree Eagle. But there are always exceptions to the rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't ** F'N GET IT!! **

In the real world, the exception will NEVER get the chance. I am not taalking about getting a job working a ramp or vaccuming out the airplane. I am talking about getting a job up front, you know the little room with all the colored knobs and flashing lights?.

You want to wave your flag

I'm the exception !! I'm the exception.!!

Go ahead.

And don't forget to service the lav before the other pilot and I get back from lunch, where do you keep the keys to the crew car?

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and acting like a jackass (YES - you DO act like a jackass when you are drunk - everybody does) and possibly throwing up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If everyone doesn't have to drink to have fun, maybe everyone doesn't act like a jackass when they do drink...

Blanket statements never work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not what I said. Read it again.

Being drunk and drinking are synonymous only in that you need one to get to the other. You can drink and not be drunk.... but, you cannot be drunk and not drink.

For those who know the difference and don't stop before they hit "drunk" - those are the ones I'm talking to. If you don't fall into that category - don't worry about it.

Just trying to help some of my younger brothers out.

[ QUOTE ]

acting like a jackass (YES - you DO act like a jackass when you are drunk - everybody does) and possibly throwing up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Maybe if your still in high school.

I dunno, I lived with some dudes in college that were pretty big jackasses when they were drunk. Heck everyone I knew that drank themselves into a stuper was pretty jackassy. Never really got into it myself. Had my 21st birthday a few days ago and it was the first time I drank, ever. Took a few shots, looked around and said "Uh....what's the big deal?" Guess I missed that memo.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

It doesn't matter how old you are. I saw a 60 some-odd year old man make a pretty good ass out of himself at a party this spring after a few too many martinis. Age has nothing to do with it. Personally, I am too cheap to drink much. I like to have a drink now and again, but I'd rather spend the money on something I ENJOY (read: flying, or traveling, or whatnot) rather than on sitting in a smoky bar or club bored out of my mind for 4 or 5 hours (or longer). Seriously, I am way too Type-A for the bar/club scene. I don't get how people can just sit around for hours on end and stay entertained. I'm bored after 30 minutes, asking "okay, what's next?" Plus the added bonus of having drunk fortysomething men hitting on you repeatedly, and leaving with your clothes and hair reeking of cigarette smoke...nasty. I'd rather clean dog crap off my shoe than try to get the smell of smoke out of my nicer clothes.

Anyways, as I said: just me.

Smoke free bars are the best! That is if you enjoy going to the bar. I like going to the bar on occasion and getting drunk once in a while. I tend to keep it under control, but I have a few friends that always go crazy while drunk and I would hate to get like that. I few times in my life I have gotten out of hand while drinking, but that was because of me. It is just a matter of what you like to do, some people like it, and some don't

sbe,

Sorry you get so bored so easy. I can say I never get bored. I am always entertained and am glad that I am able to do that.

From another uniform-wearing 141 (and ex-military) dork...it also matters "how" you wear the uniform, not just "if" you wear one. Maybe I am a little anal, but its quite humorous and sometimes embarrassing to see some students walk around in a wrinkled, oil-stained, used-to-be white pilot shirt. Just my quick 2 cents...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

and acting like a jackass (YES - you DO act like a jackass when you are drunk - everybody does) and possibly throwing up.

If everyone doesn't have to drink to have fun, maybe everyone doesn't act like a jackass when they do drink...

Blanket statements never work.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not what I said. Read it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you really argue the details don't you...

How about I restate and say "Not everyone acts like a jackass when they are drunk."

Better?

I have some friends who get drunk and are not jackasses, and I have some friends who are. - and no, I'm not drunk with them when I'm observing this, I don't drink too much, it's expensive.

.......awww... I'll let it go. Not worth it.

You and your buddies drink up (what little you say you drink, that is) and keep believing that the crowd is laughing WITH you and not AT you. Just stay off the roads and out of the skies whey you do it.

And you just stand on your soapbox in the corner with your one or two drinks judging everyone you don't know nor haven't met based on your limited personal experience. Just try and keep it to your self when you do it.

[ QUOTE ]

You don't ** F'N GET IT!! **

In the real world, the exception will NEVER get the chance. I am not taalking about getting a job working a ramp or vaccuming out the airplane. I am talking about getting a job up front, you know the little room with all the colored knobs and flashing lights?.

You want to wave your flag

I'm the exception !! I'm the exception.!!

Go ahead.

And don't forget to service the lav before the other pilot and I get back from lunch, where do you keep the keys to the crew car?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine Eagle you win, you can have the final word. My two pair of jeans and I will just go ahead and hang everything up and settle for cleaning the lavs for you and your FO.

I'll let you believe that is how it will all happen. I am happy with the job that I have been given while there are countless other CFI's out there without a job who do have a shirt and tie to go to interviews in.

Very interesting topic so far.
I don't smoke, honestly the smell makes me feel sick. However, I do like a drink or seven, as long as it is at an appropriate time and place.

Here's a bit of beer humour I found
laugh.gif

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
~ Frank Sinatra"

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
~ Benjamin Franklin

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not."
~ Stephen Wright

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
~ Dave Barry

MNC

Back