OKC Training and private cars?

I was stationed here at FAFB as an AD Boom Operator from 2001-2004. I got out and now work as a civilian in our Wing's Current Operations shop planning local sorties and training.

I was in Fairchild from 1999-2003. What squadron were you? did you usually fly with Falcon or Eagle Crew Chiefs?

In the 1970's an FB-111 landed at the Clinton County airport right near Plattsburgh AFB. The aircraft had to be trailered back to the base. It was quite a sight and a lot of laughs were had by the towns-folks. They DID NOT like the military folks.

Alright...now back to the threads intent.

I was a Jet Engine mech., FB-111 and KC-135's in Plattsburgh, NY isn the early 80's. I was slated to go the Castle AFB for Boomer school in the '85. AF Flight Surgeon found a "blip" in my heartbeat every 7th beat.??? Went to Mass. General, had EKG, and they found nothing. Still couldn't get the AF to let me do it. REALLY wanted to be a boom operator. But then I couldn't be here talking to you.:crazy:

It was diffidently a cool career field and I miss the flying part of it. Those Class III's can be tough especially with inexperienced doc's and tech's but it looks like you found something better for yourself and family though. I would rather do shift-work than be deployed/TDY over 200 days out of the year.

It was diffidently a cool career field and I miss the flying part of it. Those Class III's can be tough especially with inexperienced doc's and tech's but it looks like you found something better for yourself and family though. I would rather do shift-work than be deployed/TDY over 200 days out of the year.
:yeahthat:for us it was Shift Work AND deployed over 200-250 days a year.....

I was in Fairchild from 1999-2003. What squadron were you? did you usually fly with Falcon or Eagle Crew Chiefs?

I was in the 96th ARS, we usually flew with both Falcon and Eagle. For deployments I went to PSAB, there is a good chance we were they together. Were you there for the start of OIF?

I was in the 96th ARS, we usually flew with both Falcon and Eagle. For deployments I went to PSAB, there is a good chance we were they together. Were you there for the start of OIF?
I was in Kyrgrstan for the Beginning of OIF. That was my last Deployemnt with Fairchild before I left to go to the NATO AWACS. If 59-1486, or 58-0050 were deployed, 9 times out of 10 i was sleeping in the bunks. I would say there is a good chance that we were someplace together.... most of the crews I went with ended up being from the 96th.

Back to the question at hand, yes many bring their own cars. I highly recommend this if you can afford to.

The majority of those in my class at OKC had brought a vehicle with them.

I was in Kyrgrstan for the Beginning of OIF. That was my last Deployemnt with Fairchild before I left to go to the NATO AWACS. If 59-1486, or 58-0050 were deployed, 9 times out of 10 i was sleeping in the bunks. I would say there is a good chance that we were someplace together.... most of the crews I went with ended up being from the 96th.

Good old Balls Fifty (or Spook Fifty), what a great bird . She is still here at FAFB, one of our better jets. I missed the deployment to Kryg for OEF, but a whole lot of my 96th friends were there. Do you remember any Boomers named Shyla Gordon, Dave Hust, Poteet? I believe they were there for OEF.

Back to the question at hand, yes many bring their own cars. I highly recommend this if you can afford to.

The majority of those in my class at OKC had brought a vehicle with them.

Excellent :) That was the answer I was waiting for. Thanks Polarbear!

Good old Balls Fifty (or Spook Fifty), what a great bird . She is still here at FAFB, one of our better jets. I missed the deployment to Kryg for OEF, but a whole lot of my 96th friends were there. Do you remember any Boomers named Shyla Gordon, Dave Hust, Poteet? I believe they were there for OEF.

ohh yeah Spook fifty..... that one is truly haunted, that is how it got the nickname spook.... it creeped me out on more than one occasion... :drool:

I remember Dave. He hung out with a bunch of us. Keith Kramer, James Ovanek, P12..... we had a lot of "fun" there.....

Back