OKC dress code

biggm16

Before I go and buy all my clothes for OKC, I want to know what I should wear. I know its buisness casual but I will be in OKC during the summer months so hot and humid! Is khakis and a polo shirt, like a golfing lightweight polo acceptable? Or should I wear long sleeve button down?

Before I go and buy all my clothes for OKC, I want to know what I should wear. I know its buisness casual but I will be in OKC during the summer months so hot and humid! Is khakis and a polo shirt, like a golfing lightweight polo acceptable? Or should I wear long sleeve button down?

Khakis and a polo are fine, just as long as it is a shirt with a collar, slacks, and dress shoes.

Khakis and a polo are fine, just as long as it is a shirt with a collar, slacks, and dress shoes.

Yup. Most of the guys in class wear that. It does get a little uncomfortable* here in the summer.

*Similar to a rainforest beneath a hole in the ozone.

Well I went to AF Basic Training in July-Sept in San Antonio then lived in DC for 4 years so I know humidity! And yes, does get quite uncomfortable. But im sure that doesnt even compare to the folks who live in Florida, LA etc...

Yup. Most of the guys in class wear that. It does get a little uncomfortable* here in the summer.

*Similar to a rainforest beneath a hole in the ozone.

How humid does Oklahoma get? I am from New Mexico high humidity is like 7% maybe 10% on a really bad day. I am use to running a swamp cooler during summer to add moisture to the air.
How hot does Oklahoma get?, I am use to upper 90s - 100s but that with low humidity.
Sure do hope I get to Oklahoma before next summer (because I know I am not making this summer)

Any ladies have any input on dress in OKC during the summer? I'll be there July through August so I'm already preparing myself for the heat but just wondering what's acceptable summer dress. Thanks :)

I know it gets humid but i'm not sure how bad. When I went a few years back it wasn't too bad. I'm from Denver so i'm use to really dry air also.

How humid does Oklahoma get? I am from New Mexico high humidity is like 7% maybe 10% on a really bad day. I am use to running a swamp cooler during summer to add moisture to the air.
How hot does Oklahoma get?, I am use to upper 90s - 100s but that with low humidity.
Sure do hope I get to Oklahoma before next summer (because I know I am not making this summer)

You know those days that New Mexico gets when it is 110+ and there are some thunderstorms? Well, Oklahoma is like that, but the temperature lies to you and tells you it is 85, it will feel like 135 does in the desert. It is sort of like Memphis in the summer, hot, sticky, and smells really bad.

For 2008 - July:

Temperature High Lowest: 83
Temperature High Highest: 105
Temperature Avg: 95

Humidity Low: 57%
Humidity High: 90%
Humidity Avg: 78.6%

I have seen many people wearing them untucked as long as they are neat and clean looking. I have heard that they should be squared polo's and not rounded at the end..........

And I will add a suit and tie is mandatory for day one....and a tux for graduation day...Its a big event :) ....J/K

I have seen many people wearing them untucked as long as they are neat and clean looking. I have heard that they should be squared polo's and not rounded at the end..........

And I will add a suit and tie is mandatory for day one....and a tux for graduation day...Its a big event :) ....J/K

Did a lot of people actually wear suit / tie for day one?

...just curious, is there a graduation "ceremony" or on the last day it's pretty much just peace out?

Back