OKC Class Dress Code?

highlander27

Does anyone know what kind of dress code is required for the academy? Is it just completely casual? Are jeans and a T shirt acceptable?

Does anyone know what kind of dress code is required for the academy? Is it just completely casual? Are jeans and a T shirt acceptable?

Definitely don't show up in jeans and a T-Shirt. Dress for the job you want and when in doubt over dress. Nice pair of slacks and a shirt with a collar.

You're kidding right?? Use the SEARCH feature, and would ANY other job let you show up for training in "jeans and a T shirt"?

Well my question was in regards to the academy. Obviously at my facility I will don the khakis and collared shirt or whatnot, but I figured classes would be more casual.

Well my question was in regards to the academy. Obviously at my facility I will don the khakis and collared shirt or whatnot, but I figured classes would be more casual.

I don't think your the first or only person to think that. I heard that it used to be wear whatever you want in the FAA. I don't know how long ago that was but better to find out now then show up and look odd.

Just got done at the academy in July. You only need khaki pants and a shirt with a collar. Polo, dress, etc. Anything will work as long as it is not a tshirt. The way you dress is not going to help you pass your PV. :panic:

Never ever at the Academy. Maybe you're not quite sure what you're getting/stepping in to. Like the previous poster said...dress for the job you want.. you wanna look like a slob, be my guest...this is serious ####, with thousands of lives on the line.

Dude, it ain't college. You're getting paid to learn, and by taking that paycheck you're accepting their conditions of employment. Part of that is the business casual dress code.

I just thought I'd throw this out there... please atc students, don't go buy square toed dress shoes please. Or if you that's what you have, burn them and realize that they were fashionable for a very short period of time in the early 2000s. Just go with classic dress shoes, there are many to choose from: oxfords, bluchers, captoes, wingtips, mocc toes, norwegians, ect.

I just thought I'd throw this out there... please atc students, don't go buy square toed dress shoes please. Or if you that's what you have, burn them and realize that they were fashionable for a very short period of time in the early 2000s. Just go with classic dress shoes, there are many to choose from: oxfords, bluchers, captoes, wingtips, mocc toes, norwegians, ect.

I like my square toed shoes thank you very much! Give my piggies some wiggle room.

I own some as well, they are comfortable...:confused:

When buying dress shoes, you should consider the last (the foot shaped model) that they're built on. Decent dress shoes and boots will tell what last they are on. Then with a little research and/or trying on, you can determine what last is best for you. I have about 10 pair of sneaker/trainers that I haven't worn in years because I discovered that a properly fitted boot or dress shoe (size, width and last) will conform to your feet and be incredibly comfortable. The wingtip boots i'm wearing right now (trickers) have only the leather insole w/ no cushion and do not need any. They are among my favorites and most comfortable.

BoomerSooner, I'm with you on the toe room. I hate having my toes constriced. My only pair of black shoes I have are on a tapered last that I cannot stand. Take a look at the Alden Tru-balance last (same last the famous Indiana Jones boots are built on) for some nice toe room.

When buying dress shoes, you should consider the last (the foot shaped model) that they're built on. Decent dress shoes and boots will tell what last they are on. Then with a little research and/or trying on, you can determine what last is best for you. I have about 10 pair of sneaker/trainers that I haven't worn in years because I discovered that a properly fitted boot or dress shoe (size, width and last) will conform to your feet and be incredibly comfortable. The wingtip boots i'm wearing right now (trickers) have only the leather insole w/ no cushion and do not need any. They are among my favorites and most comfortable.

BoomerSooner, I'm with you on the toe room. I hate having my toes constriced. My only pair of black shoes I have are on a tapered last that I cannot stand. Take a look at the Alden Tru-balance last (same last the famous Indiana Jones boots are built on) for some nice toe room.

My god, when did this forum turn into "What Not to Wear" with Clinton and Stacey. I feel like I'm sitting next to my wife trying to ignore her TV selection.

Welcome to the boards Cojo. Or whatever the hell your name is that I see my wife watching on Entertainment Tonight commentating on everyone's outfit.

Never ever at the Academy. Maybe you're not quite sure what you're getting/stepping in to. Like the previous poster said...dress for the job you want.. you wanna look like a slob, be my guest...this is serious ####, with thousands of lives on the line.
but, I AM a slob so...

Back