OKC Class Dress Code?

Ok....

This is the dumbest thread I have ever seen. I current knowledge of fashion trends is not necessary to look appropriate. Especially the shoes.

You know how I separate my shoes? Color. Good god.

Geez you'd love my shoes. Same boat shoes/topsiders every day for 7 years. Cargo pants and polo shirt. I must be a fashion nightmare to you GQ guys.

Better yet, maybe it's more important to BE a good controller than to LOOK the part. Study hard folks cause the FAA is on the warpath and, at least at A80, is firing probationary employees for anything they feel like right now.

Maybe it's the shoes.

so cargo pants are ok?? a guy i talked to that just retired from the facility im going to said i couldnt wear cargo pants.

so cargo pants are ok?? a guy i talked to that just retired from the facility im going to said i couldnt wear cargo pants.

At most facilities from what I understand they are not OK. But at A80, it is believed that there are more important things to worry about than cargo pants...like separating aircraft and feeding the busiest airport in the world.

Geez you'd love my shoes. Same boat shoes/topsiders every day for 7 years. Cargo pants and polo shirt. I must be a fashion nightmare to you GQ guys.

Better yet, maybe it's more important to BE a good controller than to LOOK the part. Study hard folks cause the FAA is on the warpath and, at least at A80, is firing probationary employees for anything they feel like right now.

Maybe it's the shoes.

I think that would sound a little more important to me then what kind of shoes I was wearing. Just a guess...i'm not 100% sure...but I think they would fire you for sucking at your job before they fire you for wearing a "out dated" shoe according to a poster on the boards. It makes no sense for some one to think they know every thing about fashion and their way is the only right way. If this guy knew every thing I don't think he would be looking for a job as a controller. If you go to GQ magazines website and click employment they probably have some thing you'll be more interested in.

Topsiders are definitely a win in my book. They're versatile and casually cool.

Oh, and I'm not looking for an atc job; ATC was just a backup plan. I landed an awesome job in a different facet of aviation that makes better use of my degree and will give me the chance to travel around the world. I won't be doing shift work and it pays much better too.

Aren't you great!

I'm currently in training to pursue a career that I have WANTED to do for a long time, and devote myself to help maintain a safe, orderly and expedicious airspace system to the best of my ability. Or something like that.

I guess I just don't quite have the sell-out gene. Ohhh well. Maybe B. A. Barackus will help with the cash flow...

devote myself to help maintain a safe, orderly and expedicious airspace system to the best of my ability.

We each have the same goal, just different means to an end you could say. I'll be doing procedure design, which fully embodies your statement. We're on the same page!! Well, I guess you still have to get qualified.

At most facilities from what I understand they are not OK. But at A80, it is believed that there are more important things to worry about than cargo pants...like separating aircraft and feeding the busiest airport in the world.

I am not going to one of the busiest facilities, heck, I'm not even going to place that has an over laying class C, but I know this, I'll be darned if ATLTRACON is right again :p. As long as you are wearing something that is appropriated, I have more important things to do that worry about my shoes being out of date, like making sure the MD80 isn't going to land on that C172 and those weekend warriors in their F16s don't pickle my guy on downwind.

Assuming I make it through that academy, and them assuming I get checked off to work ground/local at SCK.

Bat, don't be so hard on my boi Kenneth Cole, he's one of my favorite designers, I own quite a few of his clothes along with other items and trust and believe I can dress, as will be seen in OKC; not that I have to prove anything to anyone, I just enjoy looking nice and not looking a holy mess. (just thought I'd throw that out there) Ur right, just b/c someone can buy & wear designer labels, doesn't mean they know how to dress and put together a presentable outfit. It is good to know that there's someone out there who cares about style and presentation as much as myself.

man-card.jpg

I kid, I kid. The image is funny, couldn't resist.

Bat, don't be so hard on my boi Kenneth Cole, he's one of my favorite designers, I own quite a few of his clothes along with other items and trust and believe I can dress, as will be seen in OKC; not that I have to prove anything to anyone, I just enjoy looking nice and not looking a holy mess. (just thought I'd throw that out there) Ur right, just b/c someone can buy & wear designer labels, doesn't mean they know how to dress and put together a presentable outfit. It is good to know that there's someone out there who cares about style and presentation as much as myself.

hahahahahah whatever. Some of us have more important things to worry about.

sometimes I wear socks with sandals.

WALMART sandals.

hahahahahah whatever. Some of us have more important things to worry about.

sometimes I wear socks with sandals.

WALMART sandals.

Boomer, yea I'lll give u props, the pic was funny and dude is quite obviously of alternative lifestyle but, I hope no one goes the OKC looking like that b/c one would be begging to lose their chances to be an ATC. Back to the one who wears socks with sandals... As long as you're wearing them in the privacy of your own home, kudos :laff:. If that's what you like to wear, I couldn't care less!!!!! I'll put everything I own on this fact, that you wouldn't show up at your facility wearing those imfamous Wal-Mart sandals, with socks. If you did, you couldn't have been serious about being a controller from the start.

Nope, just saying that I will probably worry more about studying than the "style and presentation" of my outfit.

Back