OKC Class Dress Code?

I just thought I'd throw this out there... please atc students, don't go buy square toed dress shoes please. Or if you that's what you have, burn them and realize that they were fashionable for a very short period of time in the early 2000s. Just go with classic dress shoes, there are many to choose from: oxfords, bluchers, captoes, wingtips, mocc toes, norwegians, ect.

I am not throwing away my Echo dress shoes for the "fashion police".:rolleyes:

I thought women loved shoes?

I guess women love my shoes, cause I get compliments all the time.

Comparing womens fashion to mens footwear is apples to oranges. My prefered footwear (Aldens, Allen-Edmonds, Trickers) are companies that pride themselves on quality and very long and rich histories. No designer business in my closet. I also prefer to support companies that use fair labor in manufacturing and try to buy made in USA whenever that's an option.

Just trying to help ya'll out with my shoe knowlegde.

Maybe I am just weird like that, but I am in love with my Null Bush wingtips. But that is just me, and I am known for dressing like Johnny Cash, and if it is raining/snowing I'll wear a long coat and boots with slacks.

Haha who ever says Square toed shoes are out of style, doesnt know how to dress!

I can sport square toed kenneth cole reactions probably better than brad pitt.

Haha who ever says Square toed shoes are out of style, doesnt know how to dress!

I can sport square toed kenneth cole reactions probably better than brad pitt.

poor, poor little man.

kenneth cole shoes/clothing is utter crap. And if you think kenneth cole makes you stylish, you sir do not know how to dress. You obviously don't know the first thing about quality and style.

Oh man, I just read your post again. Reaction? are you kidding? I guess someone has to buy that made in china, glued-together junk. LOL.

poor, poor little man.

kenneth cole shoes/clothing is utter crap. And if you think kenneth cole makes you stylish, you sir do not know how to dress. You obviously don't know the first thing about quality and style.

Oh man, I just read your post again. Reaction? are you kidding? I guess someone has to buy that made in china, glued-together junk. LOL.

Hahaha i dont think i said anything about them being the best shoes? I guess i didnt clarify what i meant. I meant i can wear kenneth cole reactions (square toed) better than most even though they're one of the most inexpensive pairs of shoes bought ($20 from my brother!).

I personally like my bostonians or floresheim for comfort and price.:rawk:

Hahaha i dont think i said anything about them being the best shoes? I guess i didnt clarify what i meant. I meant i can wear kenneth cole reactions (square toed) better than most even though they're one of the most inexpensive pairs of shoes bought ($20 from my brother!).

Some of you guys are worse than 90% of the women I know.
cat-shoe-sale-oh-girl-hold-on-are-those-shoes-on-s1.jpg

Geez you would think there are a bunch of ladies on here, I have no idea wtf any of you are talking about. I have kohls shoes, and a pair of nikes, thats it.

Geez you would think there are a bunch of ladies on here, I have no idea wtf any of you are talking about. I have kohls shoes, and a pair of nikes, thats it.

I think several people mis-interpreted "runway traffic". Boy will they be disappointed when they show up to Academy with all their design sketches and bolts of cloth.

Floresheim actually used to make (80's and before) some VERY nice shoes. Made in USA with some of the worlds best materials, such as shell cordovan leather (made out of the rump of a horse; one pair of cordovan shoes can require the hides, or shells, from 2-3 horses). Vintage floresheims on ebay fetch a pretty penny.

Like I said before guys, I'm not talking about the latest fashions, far from it. I'm trying to share some sartorial knowledge from a timeless and classic standpoint.

Floresheim actually used to make (80's and before) some VERY nice shoes. Made in USA with some of the worlds best materials, such as shell cordovan leather (made out of the rump of a horse; one pair of cordovan shoes can require the hides, or shells, from 2-3 horses). Vintage floresheims on ebay fetch a pretty penny.

Like I said before guys, I'm not talking about the latest fashions, far from it. I'm trying to share some sartorial knowledge from a timeless and classic standpoint.

My closer is having a heart attack somewhere. Some one that actually knows as much about shoes as she does, look out.

I actually agree with Craptastic's post below me

I think what every one is trying to say is don't share "style" tips. What you think looks good might look good for you but not to every one else. The fact that this thread turned into a discussion over "squared toed" shoes is pretty sad. Just wear whatever you want people as long as its within regulation. If you want to wear clown shoes who cares you are there to LEARN how to become an Air Traffic Controller not there for a fashion show. Your fashion tips are not the best and some of the others I have read on here aren't great either but whats the point of debating it? If you want to give fashion tips go work for GQ magazine. Stop beating the dead horse.

Fashion and sartorial matters are two different things. Polyester suits and square toed dress shoes are outdated fashion trends. A properly fitting conservative suit (or slacks and button-down) and pair of shoes looked just as good in 1950 as they do today. When I worked at MMAC I saw a large percentage of academy students wearing these unprofessional shoes. You're all hoping to be ATC professionals right? Well, it's time to start dressing the part.

Back