Oh Donald!

Seggy

1688772971895.png

I'm magpie-ing a conclusion from from bits and pieces to fill-in the "tee-hee" of unyan members.

I’m a trade unionist, but I’ve never been a protectionist. During the Moak years when I was on the Executive Council, I was openly opposed to all of his protectionist garbage, and said so here. This a global economy. Pretending otherwise is childish nonsense.

One aspect of this letter shows the inability of ALPA to be all things to all pilots. JetBlue management wants into slot controlled markets, ie. DCA, but they can't get the slots and won't pay for them. So let's ask our ALPA members to write letters to their congress men to take slots away from other ALPA, APA, SWAPA member airlines.

Delta MEC Chairman and later ALPA international president Lee Moak, said during US Airways bankruptcy, "The answer to profitability on the East Coast is if US Air would just go away." Here is the later ALPA international president saying that another long time ALPA carrier should "just go away". ALPA stood by and allowed a former ALPA lawyer to engineer a American Airlines takeover of TWA and forced all the TWA unions to give up their Allegheny Mohawk seniority integration rights. ALPA has a long history of conflict between strong and week companies and pilot groups.

ALPA now has a major effort going on to stop "Flags of Convenience" (Norwegian) and the Gulf Carriers. However I do not see ALPA leadership working strongly at the other end of the spectrum. Lee Moak was a perfect example of ignoring the RJ carriers. He simply called them "fee for service carriers" and Delta ALPA essentially stood by while Comair was gutted.

I'm magpie-ing a conclusion from from bits and pieces to fill-in the "tee-hee" of unyan members.

You've listed a bunch of reasons as why everyone is either outright laughing, or pulling an "oh no... anyway".

If it's not already, hopefully the specific charges and committee ruling will be made public soon.

Back