Oh Delta! XXLMCIV

Mission+ is a decent EFB.

The problem is with human factors though. The way a 64 year old expects an application to work is much different than the expectations of a 24 year old.

Plus, it’s a lot like handing an iPhone user an Android. Like I have no clue how the Android works and the differences are interpreted as hindrances because of the learning curve, all which can be mitigated by, well, consolidating your skill by deciding to STFU and use it often. Any package will have a learning curve no matter what your technical abilities are.
So... what you're saying is: it's kinda similar to learning a new avionics suite?

Old dawgs, new katz, etc, etc... more buttons for no particular reason 'cept it's mo-betta kewl?

Learning is hard, m'kay. 🤣

Mine has never pooped and I’ve been using it since it first hit campus, in beta, several years ago when I was in Flight Standards.
Lucky guy. ;)

Like the 350 is a mess. Largely because you have the highest technology passenger jet in the world, but we want to get former Boeing pilots trained quickly and cheaply because of the seniority block that’s going to be flying it. I could write a freaking book on how most of the issues people have with the jet some from innocent stupidity and lore.
Noted and absent from my preferences…(edit) the neat thing about where I am now is that very little is new and noteworthy.

36?! OK BOOMAH! :)

Mine has never pooped and I’ve been using it since it first hit campus, in beta, several years ago when I was in Flight Standards.

But seriously, we’ ve got 41 year split between the youngest and the oldest pilots with broad expectations on how things should work.

Like the 350 is a mess. Largely because you have the highest technology passenger jet in the world, but we want to get former Boeing pilots trained quickly and cheaply because of the seniority block that’s going to be flying it. I could write a freaking book on how most of the issues people have with the jet some from innocent stupidity and lore.

“Well, back on the classic…”

Oh Delta

I assume, Delta Connection.

Doesn’t matter, you’re Delta to the public.

View: https://m.youtube.com/shorts/Ca5d5a9plRE

-100 points for saying FAA.org

What pilot doesn’t know that the FAA is a .gov organization?

FAA.org is the Fresno Adventist Academy. If you think ATC is bad now, wait until Fresno Adventists try their hand at controlling air traffic.

Definitely RAH. Guy probably does the same rant on all three of the legacies.

Mission+ is a decent EFB.

NOTAMs suck on Mission+. They desperately need filters.

If FD Pro was allowed to connect to the interwebs like other apps in flight I wouldn't care as much since they have a good NOTAM system built in.

pssshhh you guys check notams?

2o9n2s.gif

My problem is mission+ is all the stupid notification bubbles they have on it and then you click it and it says “no gate messages” for example. There’s too many. Everything is split up in too many boxes. Most of it is unnecessary. Open up a flight plan for an international flight it’s like 40-50+ notification bubbles.

at first I went through and clicked them all but now I just don’t care. Click on what I need and move on but it does bother me.

pssshhh you guys check notams?

2o9n2s.gif
It was great showing up at the top of descent into ACV one fine night and realizing the ILS we were planning on shooting was out of service and we were left with a VOR approach that, well, let's just say it was an experience I needn't repeat.

But hey, good thing they told us ALL ABOUT the tower 27' above sea level 5.7 miles southeast of the airport (or whatever)

Last edited:
It was great showing up at the top of descent into ACV one fine night and realizing the ILS we were planning on shooting was out of service and we were left with a VOR approach that, well, let's just say it was an experience I needn't repeat.

But hey, good thing they told us ALL ABOUT the tower 27' above sea level 5.7 miles southeast of the airport (or whatever)

VOR approaches are considered difficult now?

Ah, that part of the experience. I could see that.
Yeah, the night in question had dog-poop weather after a day full of 8 legs, 7 of which were delayed, in also dog-poop weather, so while the evolution concluded just fine and without doing anything unsafe or anything illegal, it was still one of those “you’ve got to be kidding me” sort of things. Like, it would have been nice to have a release remark about the primary instrument approach to the runway we always use being out. Yes, I know what the regulation says about all available information and so on; spare me.

Yeah, the night in question had dog-poop weather after a day full of 8 legs, 7 of which were delayed, in also dog-poop weather, so while the evolution concluded just fine and without doing anything unsafe or anything illegal, it was still one of those “you’ve got to be kidding me” sort of things. Like, it would have been nice to have a release remark about the primary instrument approach to the runway we always use being out. Yes, I know what the regulation says about all available information and so on; spare me.

“Hey, you seem to have a lot on your plate there tonight…….lemme just pile some more on for you, don’t want you to feel cheated or anything”. One of those flights…..:)

Yes, all NOTAMS need to be included, I get that. And they are posted first come, first serve. But there has to be a way to sort maybe NAVAID and approach ones first, or SID/STAR changes, etc, and prioritize them down from there. Sure, guys like me care about unlit towers (nothing like having one loom out of the darkness in the middle of nowhere and fly past you that you never saw, nor any supporting guy wires), but I don’t mind if those NOTAMS get sorted last behind everything else, just so long as I know where to look for them. In that vein, I face the same issue you do…..pertinent NOTAMs and them being all over the place. Same when I go fly the 737, my NOTAM priorities then change to what yours are.

Back