Oh Delta! XXLMCIV

Wow! This might require some popcorn:

First of all, yikes! Second I’m willing to bet there’s more to the story. I’m not a violent person but he would’ve been walking off that plane with a black eye at the least after inappropriately touching my daughter.

“Over the first three hours of the flight, the Delta flight attendants served the intoxicated Delta passenger approximately 10 vodka on ice drinks," the lawsuit said.”

See, this part confuses me. I cannot imagine even being able to get an FA's attention that frequently, or getting a drink returned and consumed every 18 minutes on average.

Maybe in first class, but then there would be only two seats beside eachother, right?

I'm not saying this didn't happen; I expect there would be receipts. Just that the idea of being able to get that many drinks. Wow, I've gotta stop using those Carlson-Wagonlit Concur •ers my company mandates.

What do you know about MIssion+? Me likey.
1691010268569.png

Oh Delta

I assume, Delta Connection.

Doesn’t matter, you’re Delta to the public.

View: https://m.youtube.com/shorts/Ca5d5a9plRE

-100 points for saying FAA.org

What pilot doesn’t know that the FAA is a .gov organization?

FAA.org is the Fresno Adventist Academy. If you think ATC is bad now, wait until Fresno Adventists try their hand at controlling air traffic.

Only what he reads on APC

Mission+ is a decent EFB.

The problem is with human factors though. The way a 64 year old expects an application to work is much different than the expectations of a 24 year old.

Plus, it’s a lot like handing an iPhone user an Android. Like I have no clue how the Android works and the differences are interpreted as hindrances because of the learning curve, all which can be mitigated by, well, consolidating your skill by deciding to STFU and use it often. Any package will have a learning curve no matter what your technical abilities are.

Mission+ is a decent EFB.

The problem is with human factors though. The way a 64 year old expects an application to work is much different than the expectations of a 24 year old.

Plus, it’s a lot like handing an iPhone user an Android. Like I have no clue how the Android works and the differences are interpreted as hindrances because of the learning curve, all which can be mitigated by, well, consolidating your skill by deciding to STFU and use it often. Any package will have a learning curve no matter what your technical abilities are.

In a similar vein, Trying to wean pilots off of using their iPad and Jepp Foreflight while airborne, has been a pain. With our birds that have Garmin 500H/750 packages, trying to get these pilots to use this system that sits right in front of them on the panel and can do everything you need navigationally and operationally far better than the iPad, has been a chore for sure. Even after I give them the exercise of going sim IMC, and constantly looking down at their lap, tunnel-visioned in their iPad, as the helo enters a right descending spiral, many still aren’t convinced to freaking learn their panel mounted equipment and relegate the iPad to a ground flight planning tool.

Sounds like good help is hard to find

You aren’t kidding. Whereas at my place, back when I was hired, one used to have to bring something to the table in terms of a heavy amount of experience both in hours as well as a range of flight operating events and conditions. Now, its devolved, on the aviation side, as darn near an entry level flying experience; what with some of the extremely low time and inexperienced pilots we are getting, both inexperienced in flight as well as LE. I teach rotary wing tactics and mission employment…..basically how to use the helo as the asset it brings to a number of high risk and low room for error mission ops. I haven’t had to teach basic flight maneuvers and such at all. Now……uggh.

File it under FWIW, but I'm a 36 year old who dislikes Mission+. Unless and until it's got functionality and consistent ease of use and reference of the HTML FDR, I'm going to use it begrudgingly - and try not to be surprised when it dumps on me in mid-leg, which is a fine thing to happen to your howgozit out over 30W.

File it under FWIW, but I'm a 36 year old who dislikes Mission+. Unless and until it's got functionality and consistent ease of use and reference of the HTML FDR, I'm going to use it begrudgingly - and try not to be surprised when it dumps on me in mid-leg, which is a fine thing to happen to your howgozit out over 30W.

36?! OK BOOMAH! :)

Mine has never pooped and I’ve been using it since it first hit campus, in beta, several years ago when I was in Flight Standards.

But seriously, we’ ve got 41 year split between the youngest and the oldest pilots with broad expectations on how things should work.

Like the 350 is a mess. Largely because you have the highest technology passenger jet in the world, but we want to get former Boeing pilots trained quickly and cheaply because of the seniority block that’s going to be flying it. I could write a freaking book on how most of the issues people have with the jet some from innocent stupidity and lore.

You need to look at the positive……like this situation affording you a great opportunity to hone your dead reckoning skills……at 30W. :)

Back